Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
More Information

Ways to Experience Geothermal Exhibition
from US$29.15
More Info
All reviews power plant interesting exhibition ring road plants energy source carbon degrees
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 May 2017

As an essentially indoor, man-made attraction this visitors' centre isn't for everyone but I found it fascinating. Thanks to our guide, who was a qualified geologist, I now know all I need to about how superheated water from deep boreholes is used to make electricity and supply hot domestic water to Reykjavik thirty kilometres away. Fortunate Icelanders to have such a ready supply of "green" energy on tap!

Reviewed 22 April 2017

When we arrived we were advised the self guided tour is the best. The information displays are very impressive, but I still had soo many questions when I walked out of the visitor's centre. The displays give a good overview of "how things work" and are informative for kids (mine are 10 and 13).
This is the first time I have seen a utility sell spirits!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Our guide was so helpful as we toured this facility. It is amazing to see how Iceland uses geothermal for heating the island. We had great views from the top of the facility and there was so much to learn.

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed 7 April 2017

A quick way to learn about the Geothermal process used in Iceland. It was so much more interesting than what I had thought it would be. Easy to get to from Reykjavik and a beautiful drive. The Exhibit takes about 45 minutes to an hour. Great explanations.

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

After ten days travelling around Iceland, we were on our way back towards the airport and made sure to leave a bit of time to come here for a look. Well aren't we glad we did. What the people here have achieved in terms of harnessing the energy beneath them is inspiring. We did the guide-yourself tour (900 kr) and found it perfect for what we wanted. After looking at ask the wondrous sights for ten days, it was a fitting ending to the trip to see what can be achieved.

2  Thank Anthony M