Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bensenville
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Ended up staying here after original reservations at another property fell through. A nice cozy property that worked out perfectly for what we needed it for. Would stay again!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 September 2011

We stayed at this Country Inn & Suites last weekend while attending a wedding in the area. Our room was a one bedroom suite. This was very nice to have since we were traveling with a toddler (living and sleeping areas were separated by a door...very nice for naps and bedtime). Our room was spacious and clean. Sure, it could use some updates, but we were quite comfortable there. The staff we dealt with at the hotel were friendly and we had no problems. The breakfast buffet was much better than at other comparable hotels we have been at...good selection, varied slightly each day. The breakfast area was kept very clean and well stocked thanks to Raul, who was working there each morning we were there. We payed a very reasonable rate for our room, and I would stay there again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank FootlooseWV
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I recently had one of my employee stay at this hotel and due to business changes, he was only able to stay one of the two nights originally reserved. This hotel charged us for both nights and when I spoke with Lupe at the front desk to try to resolve, she was extremely rude and not willing to help. I would suggest that if you are reserving for business you choose a different hotel, as this one is not willing to understand that business plans change and are rude when you try to work with them.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Amanda H
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Location hard to find, ice machine was broken, bad coffee and ants in my room. Crib arrived without a crib sheet. The staff was friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 4 August 2011

There were a couple of hazard lights as soon as I entered the door. Firstly, the sliding door that you must pass to get into the hotel lets out a loud screech every time it opens and closes. It's annoyingly loud. The fact that this hasn't been attended to wasn't a good sign. It suggests that they don't care enough to make sure the first impression is a good one.

The person behind the counter was obnoxiously chewing gum with her mouth open, which is fine, but screams unprofessional. Even if you are going to do it, fine, just don't do it in front of customers.

The air in the hotel has a heavy quality to it. It could be from the pool that's inside the hotel. Speaking of which, I walked in while they were prepping rooms. The place wreaked of bleach. I figured their idea of cleaning is to just hose everything down in bleach. But after I checked in and saw the hotel, I'm sure the chlorine I smelled is from the pool.

The area where the wall meets the floor had holes showing (looks like they have been working on it and just left it). As I walked to my room, the area where two separate pieces of carpet meet didn't have a divider or anything to cover up the bare concrete floor. Instead there was a 2 inch gap between the pieces.

My nose is stopped up from breathing the air here. Inconvenient location. The free internet is slow. Decent speed wifi is an upgrade charge.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2011

I second what was already mentioned previously. The hotel is not conveniently located. As previously mentioned, it was difficult to find even though it looked like it can be accessed off of I-294 but it wasn't. You definitely NEED A CAR if you want to sight see. The shuttle did take us to the airport so that we can catch the BLUE LINE for downtown. You need to reserve an hour in advance and it only leaves once at the top of the hour from 7AM to 9PM. It will take you abt 1 1/2 hour to get to your dwntn destination if using CTA (you're the last one to be dropped off at the terminal, must change to other lines, etc.) , so you must leave early if you're going to the museums which was pretty busy by late morning (we opted out of Shedd Aquarium bc by the time we got there, the lines were already very long). Friends who we met @ Navy Pier offered to bring us back to the hotel and the traffic on I-290 (Eisenhower Pkwy) was slow and heavy. So that's the inconvenience.

The breakfast was OK. They did have sausage links and molded scrambled eggs, along with boiled eggs, and yogurt for protein, no fruit, though, along with your standard starches. Surprisingly, I liked their oatmeal which is in a big pot and decaf coffee. Coffee was always available by the lobby.

As for the room, we had the 2 Q beds as there were 4 of us: 2 adults and 2 kids. It had a mini-fridge and microwave which was helpful to keep things cold (we had leftovers from Chinatown which we had for breakfast in lieu of their breakfast) and for warming things.

We didn't try the pool and Jacuzzi. The pool was open from 6AM to 10PM for kids and later for adults, which is nice if you want an early swim before checking out.

As for the noise, I beg to differ on this one from previous posts. I am very sensitive to noise, and it's not noisy, but you can hear it, especially if it's a big jet plane. And the planes landing are literally on top of the hotel. I was glad that air traffic slowed down by midnight.

All and all, I won't stay in this hotel again if my destination is downtown since it's too much of a hassle and have stayed elsewhere. I will stay here if I have a plane to catch within the hotel's shuttle service time but there are other hotels with a 24-hr service.

The rate was very good with free parking and breakfast. This is the reason we chose the hotel. But remember, if you book here, I hope you have a car because you will need it.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2010

i work in the travel business and know what it is searching for a good hotel with reasonable price that gives you all you need. this place gives it all , not only that. They dont only pick you up at the airport but they also give you shuttle service to numerous restaurants in a 5 mile radius from hotel. They even prepared a list of all the restaurants in the area. You have access to internet and read the reviews. We ate at Jade Dragon, 1/2 mile away where they make homemade Chinese food.
This hotel has a pool, gym, is very clean and quiet. All sanitary apparels work very well.Mattresses are hard enough. The only i'd say is that its a 15 minute ride from airport.
What you get in exchange for the price is worth the distance. The staff is very friendly and efficient. i give it 10

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ouihel01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bensenville
Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare
Best Western At O'Hare
Best Western At O'Hare
#18 of 18 in Rosemont
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South? Share your experiences!