The Gallery Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Bishop Hill
See available hotels
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Econo Lodge(Galesburg)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2012

As I planned a recent trip through central Illinois, I discovered that Bishop Hill was between our starting point and our first stop. I knew vaguely of the history of Bishop Hill, I decided to make it a part of our itinerary. I made reservations at The Gallery Inn, and my wife and I were rewarded with an exceptional experience. The Inn is exceptionally clean and perfectly maintained. Marti is exceptionally gracious and helpful, in our case going way beyond the bounds of any expectation to return to us two items we had accidently left behind in our room when we checked out. Whether as a destination for a time away from home or as a part of a longer trip, The Gallery Inn is exceptional.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark L
Reviewed 1 October 2011

My wife and i were looking for a quiet,romantic night away and didn't want to spend the night in a boring traditional motel.We happened to stop in Bishop Hill,Illinois and found a wonderful Charming Inn(The Gallery Inn).We were warmly greeted by Marti(Jim & Marti Johnson).She told us of the history of the building and gave us a nice tour of a few of the rooms.We decided to stay in the Yellow Room,a comfortable queen bed,nicely decorated and its own bathroom w/shower.This beautiful,cozy room was a perfect way to end our vacation,we slept like babies in this amazing room.The next morning we sat out on the balcony and had a nice cup of coffee(coffee maker in room) along with a fresh baked danish from the Bakery down the road.Each room has its own bathroom,tv,coffee & snacks.
There is a "sitting" room on the same floor and it was nice to go sit there and read a book and the newspaper.A kitchen area is also on this floor(2nd)and has a refridgerator,Microwave,coffee/tea/hot cocoa..etc.
What a beautiful place & building,we will be back next year and plan on staying longer.Remember..this is not a Bed&Breakfast but a very nice,peaceful,historic building.The city of Bishop Hill is a wonderful destination and the Gallery Inn just adds to the charm.Just to let you know i am in NO WAY associated with the owners/Host in any way shape or form.We found a gem of a place to stay and wanted to share.(bishophillgalleryinn.com) Thank you to Jim & Marti Johnson for making it a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Rooms are only on the 2nd floor,not sure about Handicap access.call ahead (309)927-3080
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple