“I love this place!”

Mandarin Bistro
Ranked #13 of 92 Restaurants in Bloomingdale
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Every time I come to Chicago, I always go to this place. I've tried many things on their menu, from the Sesame Chicken, Pepper Chicken, Mongolian Beef, to the hot and sour soup and eggrolls- it's all delicious! It runs (depending on lunch or dinner portions) $6-10, but if you're in the mood for great food, check them out. I even had vegetarian friends enjoy their meals without a complaint.
The staff is super friendly and accommodating, the atmosphere is calming, and they go out of their way to make sure you're full when you leave. They also have pictures of their food, which is easier to make a decision. It helps they have Saki (off menu), and the owner makes a great Mai Tai.
They are closed Mondays, but open only for lunch the rest of the week. So, get there between 11:30am- and 3pm. They are part of a large strip mall so they are difficult to find at first. They do have delivery and catering as well.

There are newer reviews for Mandarin Bistro

Reviewed 2 June 2012

Gourmet mandarin very good. Staff Friendly. Owner awesome. Great atmosphere. Great desserts! Also has delivery.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

A great lunch spot. Hot and sour soup is excellent. Moo Shoo pork is a winner. A basic menu with some spicy offerings. A clean, well decorated, restaurant with good prices and good food.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I really like Mandarin Bistro. We have been going here since they opened and the food is always good though at times not consistent. Case in point, we went there last week on a Wednesday and although the food was tasty, the seafood in my husband's order was about half the quantity from the week before. Same with my pepper beef. This is truly a minor complaint, it was noticeable since we had just been in the previous week.

I like dining in as the staff and owners are always personable, welcoming and accommodating. On several occasions we've asked for off-menu items and as long as they have the ingredients they will make it for you.

Be aware that it is sometimes hard to tell if they are open until you get directly in front of the restaurant. I'd hate to have you miss a meal there!