“great service”

Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bloomingdale
Reviewed 4 March 2012

i stay here quite often on business - service level is always high, rooms are always clean and comfortable and always good value. not so good in winter when you have to walk outside to find a decent restaurant. Gym OK but could do with an some TLC

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank johnnysailorboy

Reviewed 22 October 2011

My husband, my mom & I stayed at this hotel and man did we love it! The 2 bedroom suite was amazing, just like being home w/ the added bonus of a fireplace!
The staff was very friendly and the hotel location is right in the middle of everything. They have a breakfast buffet every morning and even serve dinner Mon-Thur free!!
We will definitely return!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I found the desk staff to be very friendly and professional but the halls and rooms are in need mainttenance. My room had a beeping firealarm we had to take down in order to even be able to be in the room. The wallpaper in the bathroom was starting to peel.

The breakfast however stunk. The oven was apparently broken and food appeared to be have been brought in from the Courtyard next door. Which meant items were slow to be replaced in the buffet. The orange juice machine ran out of OJ and was not replaced even though there was another hour to go. The milk was not refreshed in a timely manner. I am traveling with a toddler so I needed the milk.

If it had not been for the friendly desk staff I would have been the hotel 2 stars.

My other complant was the "King Bed" was felt like a queen bed. IT was a bit uncomfy as well.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I had the pleasure of staying in this hotel for over a month while my condo was being repaired from water damage. This hotel is very modern and clean and the staff is very friendly and courteous. Housekeeping was excellent and I really enjoyed the great breakfast selection they had... and it's complimentary!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 January 2011

We checked in the hotel, dropped our luggage in our room & left for dinner. We noticed the toilet was running, stopped by the front desk to let the staff know of the situation & mentioned we would be out for the next few hours. We were told they would take care of the “it”. We returned to find the toilet still running, called the front desk & were told, "They didn't come to fix that. I will be right there". The employee came to the room, opened the top of the toilet, made some adjustments & was done. She did not wear gloves, did not wash her hands & left the room. Disgusting!!! Strange thing is the bathroom light bulb was strobing but she didn't mention or initiate changing the bulb while she was in there. During the night, we could hear people talking extremely loud, using the f-bomb outside our room. It began at 12:30 am & continued every 1 ½ until a new group took over around 7:00 am. The new group of people talking loud at least didn’t use profanity but after a night of very little sleep, it was not a lot of consolation. These groups of people were standing no more than 5 ft. from the door; thus, our window smoking cigarettes even though the no smoking policy posted just outside the door clearly states they should be 50 ft. from the door. I called the front desk & was told, "Yeah, if you are in room 101 you will hear the smokers out there". I said, "They are only 5 feet from the door yet the no smoking policy signs posted in numerous place requires hotel guests to stand outside the south doors 50 ft. from the door. The person I was speaking to said, "Well, I don't know anything about that. I have not seen the signs". I told her the sign is CLEARLY posted on the left outside wall as you enter the hotel. The final straw was we went to breakfast the next morning. As I took a fork from the crock of forks I noticed lint, dust & particles of dirt at the bottom of the crock. A lot of it! It wouldn’t have been so bad but the end of the fork you eat with was facing down in the crock, resting in the lint & dust.
During checkout we were asked how our stay was we shared our experiences with the staff. She seemed genuinely concerned but said there nothing she could do since we booked the room through Priceline. She asked for my phone number explaining the manager would surely want to hear of my experiences. That was 5 days ago and I have not heard a thing.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2010

Where to start..... This hotel was really great I had been there before it was a fresh remodel that looked great nice and fresh look. The managers are the nicest you can ever have and the besides the hot breakfast they do evening social monday - thursday its a great place to stay and get comfortable. There are a lot of places to eat close by and the mall right there also. My room was super clean and I love the kitchen in the Residence inns I can not wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2010

Vastly overpriced: No working waffle makers, no waffle batter, then breakfast got worse. Tired and tepid scrambled eggs on "buffet line" never joined by anything edible when supposed to offer potatoes, meat, biscuits. Stale cresent rolls were in a steam tray in place of real breakfast items, probably to freshen them up (that failed). If I wanted coffee and a blah, sugary donut, I would not have paid Residence Inn prices! One undertrained buffet host was not enough to give adequate service to a mixed crowd of business travelers and families. Is this a new Marriott policy designed to discourage too many people from eating their buffet breakfast? Not enough plates, etc. to go around and the tables were not packed.

It was a bad sign that debris on hallway floors accumulated and was never cleaned or vacuumed during the stay. Big property has just one teensy elevator. No one seemed to be in charge, front desk staff AWOL after check-in.

Exterior lights annoyingly shined in suite windows, Army Trail Road noisy and building A/C machinery the same. One bedroom suite smallish, two thick TVs with decent cable choices. No couch, just a chaise lounge good for one person and not so much for two. Easy chair. Wireless internet. Deceptively nice flower garden in front of hotel.

Advice: stay elsewhere and eat breakfast out. Calling property "no frills" which is bad when it is supposed to have amenities.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Marlene L, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

I am very sorry that your stay was not up to our standards of cleanliness and service, during your recent trip to our hotel. We are adding another breakfast host on busy days so our guests have a better breakfast experience. We care about our guests and promise to keep improving and to resolve any issues immediately. Thank you .

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomingdale
0 mi away
Eaglewood Resort & Spa
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hanover Park
Holiday Inn Chicago-Carol Stream
Hilton Garden Inn Addison

Been to Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale? Share your experiences!