Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsbasketball courtlight mealbedroom suiterestaurants and shopping within walking distancea great place to stayfront desk staffsporting eventsfull kitchenhome away from homelocation is excellentthe breakfast areaguest serviceshave stayed here several timesgreat propertycomfortable staypool and hot tubgreat customer service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I stayed here for one night in mid-September when my United flight was cancelled due to weather. Unfortunately, everyone else's flights were also cancelled, so we were all looking for hotels near the airport. This one is not close, I believe it's at least 30 minutes away, but they were able to accomodate several of us on short notice. I remember that the front desk staff were very efficient, even under the stress of having to check a lot of us frustrated people in at once.
I found my room to be comfortable and stylish. The appliances are new and so is the furniture. This would be a great place to spend several days; plenty of space.
I didn't get to try the breakfast since I had an early flight.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank aggy12
Marlene L, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you for your response and comments based on your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to hear we were able to accomodate your group efficently and provide a comfortable suite for very weary travelers. If in the future you find yourself back in the Bloomingdale area we hope you can stay longer and enjoy our evening social and breakfast. Safe travels!, Marlene & Staff.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We arrived at 5pm on a Friday and they struggled to find a 2BR unit that was clean. That should have been a hint. We found lots of items in our room along the edges and corners that should have been vacuumed up. The blanket in the closet wasn't clean.

Breakfast was about a C quality. When something ran out they took 15-20 minutes to replace it. A few items were never replaced. The bananas were mushy like they had been refrigerated or frozen. The fruit would have been okay without the pineapple as it overpowered the other fruit - too acidic. The scrambled eggs were strange, they should make eggs cooked to order like other Residence Inns. These didn't taste like eggs. If they fixed these issues it could be a great breakfast.

Location is good and the parking lot well lit. Allow double time estimates if going to downtown Chicago due to traffic and road construction.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Karsko
Marlene L, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear Guest, I am very sorry your stay at our hotel was not one of the best. I will certainly look into the issues you noted with your arrival, housekeeping and breakfast . We follow all Residence Inn Breakfast standards but will continue to review ways to improve our guests breakfast experience. I take all reviews very seriously and will work with my staff and offer additional training or suggestions where it may be needed. Thank you for taking the time to report your experience, you travel to many hotels and I appreciate your knowledge and bringing these matters to my attention. If you and your family return to the Bloomingdale area, please give us another try! Thank you.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

This is our fifth stay and each stay is better than the last. GM Marlene and Asst. GM David are outstanding. Every effort is made to assure you a extremely enjoyable stay. All facilities (pool, spa, exercise room and kitchen) are in excellent condition and very clean. Less I forget Christina at the desk makes everyone feel special and does a great job.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank mike g
Marlene L, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Our Guests are simply, "The Best" We are grateful for the wonderful review. We care for each and every guest, each and every stay. Thank you for your kind comments, I look forward to sharing them with my staff!!!

Reviewed 20 August 2013

My family and I stayed here just one night on a road trip to Chicago. My oldest son is disabled and his medication requires refrigeration so the Residence Inn was the first hotel on our list. We always feel right at home when we stay with Residence Inn. We requested a handicapped accessible room when we booked but we told that they were all full when we checked in. That was the only disappointment that we had as we would have like to have a little more room for the walker and wheelchair. However we really enjoyed the complimentary breakfast which included eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffles, plenty of cereals and breads. We would have easily spent $40 or more for breakfast had we eaten at a restaurant. Thank you Residence Inn for another great stay :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Amanda Z
Marlene L, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Thank you for the wonderful comments you have made about our Marriott Residence Inn. We appreciate the kind words and Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts about our staff and hot breakfast buffet. Hearing such positive comments from our guests allows me to celebrate my staff and thank them for their caring attitude and professionalism to their job. Thank you, and may all your travels be safe and happy ones!

Reviewed 9 July 2013

I am always delighted to be a guest at a Marriott property.
We arrived after a long drive from Kansas and the guy working that night opened the door for us and made sure the pack and play was set up.
Great for more than a few days as they have a kitchenette and nearby to a lot of shopping, movie theatres and food places. Plenty to do within a walking distance and I believe they have a shuttle too but we just drove. The kitchenette ( 1 bedroom, 1 queen bed ) does only have two burners and no oven so I could see those staying long that do not like to eat out having issues. Honestly they do have less square footage than other places that are focused on long tern travelers but for us it served our purpose.
We asked with the reservation for near a elevator and mid level and we arrived and was given a choice of top floor or bottom floor. We ended up on the third (top) floor way away from the elevator.
The big issue we had was with a lost and found item (robe) my wife left. It took several calls to assure they did indeed have it but eventually we got their GM involved and she found it and as we speak its in the mail back to us.
I would not hesitate to stay here again or send my customers there.

Room Tip: breakfast does change each day. 1 bedroom would be tight for over 3-4 travelers. Evening socials are Monday to Thursday unless there is a holiday as we missed ours on Thursday because of July 4th. I would ask for first or second floor as the elevator can take a while.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Marlene L, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

With sincere appreciation we thank you for staying at our Bloomingdale Residence Inn and for taking the time to share your experience about our hotel and our staff. I look forward to sharing your post with my staff it will keep a smile on all of our faces! Warmest regards~ Marlene Lewis