“Just like you stepped out of the DeLorean”

Hilton Chicago Indian Lakes
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bloomingdale
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Chicago/Indian Lakes Resort during a business training session. The room was large, clean and very comfortable. The design and decor of the property is a throwback to the era of John Hughes movies of the 1980's. I could picture Ferris Bueller or Marty McFly feeling very comfortable at this resort. I would recommend this property to anyone looking for a reasonable place to stay in the Chicago suburbs.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Jessica K, Guest Services Manager at Hilton Chicago Indian Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent business trip. I am very happy you could appreciate the decor and design. We were designed by Don Erickson an apprentice of Frank Lloyd Wright and our property definitely has a different layout which makes us unique and special. We look forward to you visiting us again soon!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Awesome property...but what really sets it apart is the staff and the service. Everyone greeted me, everyone was friendly & helpful. I actually felt appreciated for being there... If you are in the Chicago area and this location works logistically for you......choose it!

1  Thank Glenn Y

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful comments! Our staff works very hard to ensure all of our guests feel at home and I am very happy you got to experience first hand the great hospitality we offer here at Hilton Indian Lakes Resort. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

This is a great place to get away to share some quality time with the one you love. The atmosphere is beautiful! The food is great, the guest service is great. Everything was absolute fantastic. I spent my weekend birthday at the resort, the best experience ever! I love it!

1  Thank Charles C

I would like to start off by saying Happy Birthday! I am very happy we could be a part of your special occasion and be able to make it a memorable experience. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I have stayed at The Indian Lakes Resort in Chicago many times. Have enjoyed every stay. The rooms are very clean and the staff is always friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anybody. Thank you so much.

1  Thank Scott G

Thank you so much for sharing your kind words with everyone. We greatly appreciate your loyalty to our brand and our hotel. Please feel free to intorduce yourself on your next visit!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

The hotel staff was friendly. The architecture in this place is...interesting. Dark and dated, but not boring. I wouldn't want to be in my room when a fire started because I would be lost when trying to leave. The pool is AWESOME! Room service was sub-par. The food was cold, they didnt provide rolls or pepper (though they did give me salt and ketchup for my baked potato.) $3 in the vending machine would have been more satisfying than the $30 I spent on the salmon. I wrote to the manager to pass on my dining experience, and she said she'd forward to the room service manager. That was the extent of their care in this concern, which disappointed me. Overall Id stay here again if the nearby places that i prefer are booked. The hotel is off the beaten path so give yourself extra time to get here from any major highways.

1  Thank LastDuchess

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. I was the manager you had emailed. I do want to apologize again that I did not sense your frustration in your first email as you had said your stay was excellent and you were impressed with our staff and grounds. I took your comments and used them as training for service. Our guests are our #1 priority and we take all comments very seriously.

You are a very valued guest of our hotel and I am very glad that you have chosen to stay with us again since this incident. And I want to thank you for your kind follow up email after your most recent stay. Our entire staff was thrilled that we were able to provide the service we strive for. We look forward to having you as our guest for your future visits and becoming your choice hotel.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Of all the hotels we visit, and there, are many, this is simply the best place in so many ways. They really know how to take care of their Diamond guests and make us feel special. The rooms are beautiful, the ambiance is romantic, the service is extraordinary! We recommend this lovely resort often.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Jessica K, Guest Services Manager at Hilton Chicago Indian Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our resort on trip advisor. I am so happy to hear that you recommend us so highly! We strive for all of our guests to have the best experience possible. We look forward to having you stay with us again!!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed over for a wedding. Easy check-in process. Room was spacious and clean. Cool lobby with a cave bar. Bit confusing getting around the large resort. We did not use any of the facilities, but they appeared abundant. The banquet/conference area was nice for the wedding reception. Food was above average as was the service. The separate bar (forget the name of it) is a decent hang out for post-game or after party.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for posting your comments about your stay one trip advisor. I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with the wedding you attended. We look forward to you staying with us again so you can enjoy the other facilities you did not have a chance to utilize!
Guest Services Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomingdale
Eaglewood Resort & Spa
Residence Inn Chicago Bloomingdale
Courtyard Chicago Bloomingdale
Courtyard Chicago Bloomingdale
#3 of 3 in Bloomingdale
Hilton Garden Inn Addison
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chicago West-Roselle
The Westin Chicago Northwest

Been to Hilton Chicago Indian Lakes? Share your experiences!