“Did not meet Expectations”

Hilton Chicago Indian Lakes
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bloomingdale
A TripAdvisor Member
“Did not meet Expectations”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The overall stay turned out ok even though it started very rocky. Check in was quite rocky. There were flies in the bathroom. Bar did not stock items on the menu. The Spa experience was not up to par - 1 Estheticians, 1 manicurist and 2 massage therapist which took all 6 ladies a long to complete and threw our schedule off for the rest of the day...not good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Jessica K, Guest Services Manager at Hilton Chicago Indian Lakes, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience on trip advisor. I am sorry you had a rocky stay but am glad it turned out ok. Our guests santisfation is our #1 priority and I want to assure you we take your feedback very seriously.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Dexter, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Nice staff. Responsive management team. Genuinely care about your stay. My hotel of choice when working in Chicago, IL 2-3 weeks a month. Now suggest to our customers to stay there when visiting our plants.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Jessica K, Guest Services Manager at Hilton Chicago Indian Lakes, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on trip advisor. I am very glad we can be your home away from home when you travel. Our entire staff is looking forward to your next visit!
North Carolina
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Although I was disappointed during my previous stay at this property, I was pleasantly surprised during my latest visit.

Due to jet lag, I spent the better part of my first day in my room. When I called the front desk at 4pm, they had no problem providing me with housekeeping services that late in the day.

Also, the newly renovated room are very attractive.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your latest stay with us. I am elated to hear that your experience was better the second time around. Our staff works very hard to make every guest feel at home. I am also glad you like the newly renovated room!
Clarkston, Michigan
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed here with a hockey team during a tournament weekend and the hotel was pretty much what I expected. Clean, serviceable, but with some major needs for updates. While the rooms were fine, the TV satellite system made most of the channels almost unwatchable because of distortion and lack of audio (it was a big college football weekend), very few plugs in the room (which drives me crazy), no fridge and the hotel was having some massive issues with keys. I had to go to the front desk at least five times to have new keys made because they were having some issues with the computer lock system. They even had a guy come by on Saturday to replace them on the whole floor. My son had one key that opened everyone else's room which I absconded and brought to the front desk (much to his chagrin). i kept getting the same excuse - "yeah we've really been having lock issues the past few days." You think? The bigger issue is that my room was a mile from the front desk and no easy trek to go back to the lobby just so I could enter the room with new keys. Did I mention I did this at least five times?

Also on Saturday the staff decided to change out all the beds and you could barely walk down the hallways with mattresses and bed frames lining the wall. The cleaning staff was also having a blast, throwing a little party in one of the rooms and they were all hanging out and having a good time. I'm sure this is not what they were being paid for.

As for amenities, don't expect any. Small, sparse gift shop, eatery at the golf shop another two miles through the hotel that was unspectacular. For the size of this resort you'd expect shops, etc. and a restaurant remotely near the lobby - but no. Creepy little cave bar in the middle of the complex which made no sense because it didn't match any of the decor (yes, it was a fake cave).

NIce property but certainly not worth the $200+ a night we paid (including the obscene taxes). If you're looking for a resort getaway, I would look elsewhere. This is one Hilton property which needs a major face lift.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Jessica K, Guest Services Manager at Hilton Chicago Indian Lakes, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I want to apologize that your experience was less than satisfactory. We strive for the best service and I am very disappointed we were unable to meet your expectations. We were having unexpected issues with our keys/locks and I want to assure you the problem has since been resolved. This is not the level of service we strive to provide and I hope this isolated incident does not deter you from visiting us again.
In regards to updating---we're already on our way. In fact, our property is undergoing some renovations and this will address some of the concerns you have about our property needing updates. We certainly look forward to you returning to see the changes.
Again I am very sorry you were not fully satisfied with your stay and please feel free to contact me directly if you need further assistance.
Jessica Koops
Guest Services Manager

Travellers are raving about these Bloomingdale hotels

Chicago, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The hotel was very nice, clean, and had great amenities. We loved the bedding, especially the pillows, they were wonderful! The grounds are very well maintained attractive. The pool was clean and inviting.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the rave review of our resort! Our staff is very happy to be able to provide you with a memorable stay/experience. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!
canada
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Arrived at this hotel for a 5 day stay for a hockey tournament. Upon arrival we were greeted by a friendly staff member whom went out of her way to make us comfortable. The first night we stayed we had a room facing the beautiful pond/bar lobby and we found that the air conditioning did not work in our room and it was always around 78d. We contacted the front desk, a few minutes went by and a very friendly service man came into our room to try to assist with the heat problem. After going over the system including going up into the ceiling in the washroom he advised us that it was not working properly and suggested we move to the outside rooms of the resort as the rooms are cooler that overlook the golf club facility. He went down to the office and immediately advised them that we needed to be moved to a different, They did move us to a great room with an awesome view. The only negative thing I can mention about this hotel is the cost of breakfast. Our bill came to $55 for 2 adults and 1 child. Nothing fancy just pancakes and western and beverages,
It is a wonderful place to stay and you will not be disappointed.......

Room Tip: Try and get outside rooms if you do not like to feel humidity all the time up easily, for people who...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Jessica K, Guest Services Manager at Hilton Chicago Indian Lakes, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with everyone. I am very glad that our staff was able to provide you with excellent service to make your stay comfortable. We look forward to you visiting us again soon!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Hotel was great. Scenery, Staff and Food were wonderful! The Room was very comfortable. The Food was very good and reasonably priced. Our daughter had fun in the pool and temperature was perfect. We plan on staying there again when our Church has another conference.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Jessica K, Guest Services Manager at Hilton Chicago Indian Lakes, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for your great review! I was so glad to read that you had a great time during your stay with us. We can’t wait to have you stay again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomingdale
Eaglewood Resort & Spa
Hyatt Place Itasca
#1 of 5 in Itasca
Hampton Inn & Suites Addison
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chicago West-Roselle

Been to Hilton Chicago Indian Lakes? Share your experiences!