We booked two nights here to help our daughter with her move, and chose the location because it was convenient and reasonably priced (not too many people playing golf in December with sub-zero temperatures). To our very pleasant surprise, we noticed a number of architectural details that looked like Frank Lloyd Wright's work. A quick Google search revealed that the architect was an apprentice of FLW. Search "Hilton Indian Lakes Resort Frank Lloyd Wright" for more of the story.
We had a wonderful stay and very much enjoyed our room, which was large and in the shape of a hexagon. The bath was also much larger than your typical hotel. Half of the rooms look over the indoor atrium with plants, waterfalls, and fountains; the other half have views of the grounds and 27-hole golf course. The furnishings, signage, and interior design were clearly influenced by FLW. The hotel is a wonderful experience and not like most modern big box hotels or motels, for example, no long straight hallways.
The staff was friendly and helpful, the setting peaceful and relaxing. We had free WiFi access.
The only complaint was the lack of outlets on or behind the night table. A single duplex outlet was occupied by the table lamp and clock radio. We always travel with extension cords and cube-taps, so we were able to accommodate chargers for two iPhones, two iPads, and my hearing-aid bluetooth adapter.
If you are a fan of Frank Lloyd Wright or enjoy outstanding architecture, I strongly recommend a stay at Indian Lakes Resort. Even if you don't pay attention to the architecture, expect a wonderful visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience premiere service and accommodations Chicago Resort style at the Hilton Chicago/Indian Lakes Resort. Located 30 minutes from downtown Chicago and O'Hare International Airport, we're perfectly located for both business and leisure travel. Situated on 260 acres of stunning grounds, offering access to the Championship Blackhawk Trace Golf Course with three 9-hole layouts and a one of a kind island green. Hotel guests can choose between five on-property restaurants, ranging from bars to contemporary high-end cuisine. The resort offers an impressive 50,000 total sq/ft of meetings/events space, ready to host your next business meeting or memorable, unforgettable wedding. Relax at either our indoor or outdoor swimming pool, or stay fit in our fully equipped fitness center. Treat yourself to a spa treatment in our fully renovated Resolution Spa and Wellness Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Hilton Chicago/Indian Lakes Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Chicago/Indian Lakes Hotel Bloomingdale
- Hilton Hotel Bloomingdale
- Indian Lakes Hotel
- Indian Lake Resort Bloomingdale