“1st time stay”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bloomingdale
Spring, United States
“1st time stay”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I enjoyed this seasoned and unique hotel. From the layout of the hexagonal rooms to the 'cave' bar this hotel provides a nice break from the normal 'box' hotel. This was my 1st time at this hotel, it was a business trip, but I would definitely bring my family here as well.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Sarah L, Front Office Manager at Hilton Chicago Indian Lakes, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you so much for your fantastic review! Aside from the hotel, we also have a lagoon-like indoor pool with a slide and complimentary mini-golf course to keep the family entertained. We hope you bring the family to visit very soon!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
lynwood, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The location is nice but the check-in was a litter rough although I mention to them that I would like a late check out, because I was part of a wedding I had to speak with a couple of people and still did not get my late check-out. that was a problem, I feel that I should be accommodated for the inconvenience.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry again for your inconvenience. Our check in time is 3pm and check out time is 12p daily for all guests. We are more than happy to honor an early check in or late check out whenever it is available. Unfortunately, late check out is not always possible when the hotel is sold out. I truly hope that you will decide to stay with us again in the future.

Brazil
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Besides the beautiful hotel and installations with a great golf park could enjoy the stay there with confortable rooms, good food and services. The most I liked were the view of the rooms with a view of 3 dimension since the windows give a 3 dimension view. Also, services are the best. I could see the attention to the old people and the attention they give to me when I lost my camera. thank you!

Room Tip: All the rooms are open to a good view and are very confortable and has a lot os space.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your rave review! We truly take pride in our customer-oriented staff. We look forward to your next visit!

Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Our travel agent recommended this for us; however, she is not a golfer as we are. Hate to sound snobby but we would not go back for the golf AT ALL. Unfortunately we were on a golf package. So we played the 3 nine-hole courses a couple times, then had our local pro book us on the last day at nearby Itasca instead. MUCH more to our liking, and would play again. The rest of the resort however was very good. One of the best burgers I've ever had, in the golf shop grill. Interesting architecturally designed tower, with all rooms kinda able to see into the adjoining rooms if you really wanted to from the right angle out the window. And they were working on the upper floors' roofs while we were there. Could have been a nightmare, but we weren't there much during the day. Our rooms were on 5th floor. I wouldn't go any lower (personal preference). We even kept the blinds/drapes open all night to enjoy the view (wouldn't have done this if we were on the east side, but we were on the west side). One of the best beds ever. Courteous staff. One glitch with the concierge when we were trying to get to Wildfire Grill nearby. Booked in advance thru the hotel, and were meeting family that lived locally. Who knew there were two Wildfire restaurants? We certainly didn't. Not from this area, so I feel like the concierge should have asked, "Do you mean Schaumburg or Oakbrook?" before he booked our cab for us. Total waste of a cab fare, and we missed our guests. Next day I told the same concierge about the problem, and he sent us a bottle of champagne. Nice gesture, but we don't drink champagne. A comp'd night's stay, a meal, or drinks at the bar would have been more suitable. One day I decided to venture out into The City, and used same concierge to help with my travels. The only type of transportation I did NOT use was a plane. Hotel shuttle to the Metra train station (made 10 stops), train to Union Station, walk to water taxi which dropped me at Rush St., free local city transport shuttle, which never arrived, walk to bus stop, walk down Navy Pier to ferris wheel. Reverse all the above and arrived back at Union Station in RUSH HOUR - don't do this again! However, no glitches and it took 4 hours start to finish for a 7 minute ferris wheel ride. Oh well. Cave Bar smells very moldy, understandable considering that it really is kinda below ground with waterfalls at the entrance, but not acceptable really.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review of our resort. We are so sorry to hear about your experience with our hotel and services. This is certainly not a typical representation of our resort. We pride ourselves on providing high quality and friendly service so that all guests have a memorable and positive stay. I'm sorry that this was not your experience. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything else we can do for you.

Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I have stayed on this location 2,maybe 3 times already (leisure),and I will recommend to everyone i know!They provided me the best experience/service so far and I am travelling pretty often.All Front Desk staff was great,I have met all 3 shifts.Cave bar,bartenders,gift shop lady..Everyone in this hotel was wonderful and I really appreciate everything what they did to make our stay unforgettable!
-Gerda S.-

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sarah L, Front Office Manager at Hilton Chicago Indian Lakes, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you so much for such a complimentary review! We truly take pride in our fantastic and attentive staff and it’s very nice to hear that you had such an enjoyable experience.
We look forward to hosting you again very soon!

california
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I, stayed june 17 to june 24 2014 first I suggest that you always get an outside room and I always suggest that you should spend the extra money and rent the 2 bedroom suites or the Presidential Suite which is well worth the amount accommodations or outstandingfrom the minute we walked into indain lakes resort everybody was friendly lot of customer service and the front desk staffed every person that I talk to was very accommodating and very friendly the staff always want to make sure that we had a great time I suggest you do go to the pool you do the mini golf you go to the spa and enjoy the dinner and breakfastand the golf course is the best I've seen in years well kept this hotels has had alot of renovation .This is not your regular hotel this is unique styles hotel and also the room service was excellent never waited that long, also want to give a shout out to Audrey at the front desk thank you for everything and all the guys that were doing the valet parking excellent job the manager of the hotel excellent job and the engineer who brought us a dresser because our suite didn't have a dresserI would stay here everytime I come to Chicago accommodations are one of the best of the Hilton5 star 5 star 5 star don't miss out on this unique opportunity to see the art piece that was built in the seventiesI would recommend this hotel Indian Lakes Resort in Bloomingdale to all of my friends and anybody that is traveling to Chicago Give the staff of five star

• Stayed June 2014
Sarah L, Front Office Manager at Hilton Chicago Indian Lakes, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you so much to taking to the time to write such a complimentary review! We truly appreciate such wonderful feeback about our resort and our staff. We hope to have you and your family as life long customers and friends.

Thank you very much for your business

Bloomingdale, United States
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is an excellent getaway for family, couples or even business, My husband and i was there in early August and we enjoy the pool, minuature golf, spa and dinner over looking the pond......and i forgot to mention the CAVE

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for your 5 Star review! We are excited to hear that you were able to take advantage of so much of our resort! We hope to have you again very soon.

Sarah Lewis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomingdale
Eaglewood Resort & Spa
Hyatt Place Itasca
Hyatt Place Itasca
#1 of 5 in Itasca
Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg

Been to Hilton Chicago Indian Lakes? Share your experiences!