“Enjoyable Stay Nice Weekend Retreat”
Review of Indian Lakes Hotel

Indian Lakes Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bloomingdale
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We had a pleasant stay. Building architecture out of the mid 20th century (50s-60s) so had a novel classic feel to it. Definitely not modern or any grandeur. More country club-ish. Customer service in bar and restaurants was sub-par.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Sarah L, Front Office Manager at Indian Lakes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. I am very sorry to hear that you received poor service in our bar area. We would truly love to hear more from you about your experience so that we can work to correct the matter.

We truly look forward to hearing from you!

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,082)

Reviewed 25 August 2014

It was a nice hotel/resort. they could improve on the houskeeping and room service when ordering food. the other accomodations offered were very nice. Try to get a room close to the elevator or you are in for a hike. In the bar/cave there was not enough help to servive the amout of people in there. Other that that the hotel was fine.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our resort! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Decent room. Good bedding, pillows. Rooms are large, nice views. Enjoyed the architecture, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright apprentice Don Erickson. But problems checking in and checking out overshadowed the positives.

We generally book two rooms at a time for our family when traveling. We have one in a wheel chair and a young child in a family of six. This is a lot of luggage, shopping bags, purses, makeup bags etc that requiring a lot of coordination getting in and out of hotel. Despite signs that say only 15 min parking (posted everywhere in front) there was a car with no one inside or loading/unloading, and parked right in the front of the hotel with the only ramp available. I didn't see a bellman or anyone managing the front entrance during this whole time of unloading and this made it difficult a wheel chair and rolling luggage rack to transverse. However, when i first arrived to check in and obtain the luggage rack the bellman never said hello or greeted me. But when I wheeled the full luggage rack in from our vehicle said, "OK I'm going to need you to bring that right back down after you drop in your room." Keep in mind its about 11pm at night and we've been driving several hours that day including coming from downtown Chicago (drive not fun) and I don't appreciate being accosted by the bellman being territorial about the luggage rack. We had similar problems checking out. When my daughter went down for the luggage rack the bellman came up with it. She told him that we can load the rack ourselves, because it requires a fair amount of coordination getting everyone out and many times we end up doing it all ourselves with the bellman standing there watching. All he said was he'll come back then when we're ready because, "we have 200 people checking in today". My daughter said the lobby is empty and no one is checking in right now. I raced down and gave the bellman mgr a piece of my mind. He gave me the same story about 200 people checking in today, though the lobby was empty at the time and that this is a luxury resort etc. I finally obtained the luggage rack and we got out without anymore incident. Come to find out that was the only luggage rack for the whole hotel! Some luxury resort!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am so sorry that you had such a poor experience during your check in and check out. This is certainly not a typical representation of our award-winning bell staff. I have spoken with the bell captain about the issues you encountered so that we may strive to improve.

Thank you again for your review and your feedback

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I was there for business but I went there with family.nice place good amenity.wonderful golf course .I want to spend few more days just golfing there . Our weekend was a bit noisy because so many marriages going on otherwise beautiful property .I will recommend to ask for golf course view than parking lot view.

• Stayed: August 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are truly happy to hear that your family enjoyed our facilities. We look forward to having you visit again very soon!

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I enjoyed this seasoned and unique hotel. From the layout of the hexagonal rooms to the 'cave' bar this hotel provides a nice break from the normal 'box' hotel. This was my 1st time at this hotel, it was a business trip, but I would definitely bring my family here as well.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for your fantastic review! Aside from the hotel, we also have a lagoon-like indoor pool with a slide and complimentary mini-golf course to keep the family entertained. We hope you bring the family to visit very soon!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The location is nice but the check-in was a litter rough although I mention to them that I would like a late check out, because I was part of a wedding I had to speak with a couple of people and still did not get my late check-out. that was a problem, I feel that I should be accommodated for the inconvenience.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry again for your inconvenience. Our check in time is 3pm and check out time is 12p daily for all guests. We are more than happy to honor an early check in or late check out whenever it is available. Unfortunately, late check out is not always possible when the hotel is sold out. I truly hope that you will decide to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Besides the beautiful hotel and installations with a great golf park could enjoy the stay there with confortable rooms, good food and services. The most I liked were the view of the rooms with a view of 3 dimension since the windows give a 3 dimension view. Also, services are the best. I could see the attention to the old people and the attention they give to me when I lost my camera. thank you!

Room Tip: All the rooms are open to a good view and are very confortable and has a lot os space.