“Very nice stay”

illinois
“Very nice stay”
Reviewed 28 April 2006

Business/pleasure triip.
Pricelined western suburb hotel and got Indian Lakes ($55).
Room was large, comfortable and clean overlooking golf course.
Staff was most accomodating -- shuttle took us to meeting even though our meeting point was beyond their 5 mile limit. Front desk personnel were A-1.
Facilities include indoor and outdoor pool and mini golf as well as 18 hole course.
We talked about returning with grandkids as Resort looked good for family travel.

Stayed April 2006
3 Thank nddad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
SoCal
Reviewed 21 October 2005

I took a chance and booked a 50 person meeting at this resort, the incredible room rate they offered greatly influenced my decision. Generally I would stick near the airport, but the conference rooms were sold out at the decent hotels. I was nervous about what we would encounter and have to admit I was more than pleasantly surprised. The entire complex has been remodeled and they have replaced just about anything that is not structural to the building. The building is a little dated, but the unique design is 10x better than getting stuck in a dated 4 star National Chain hotel. The hotel rooms have been completely refurnished and the bathrooms were completely gutted and updated with new marble and tile. We had a conference room off the main lobby and the sales/catering staff were among the best. Some coworkers played Golf and spoke highly of the new golf course. Dinner at the restaurant was worthy of 5 stars. The design of the hotel was inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright, not sure where the Indian part plays into the concept.

As with all hotels in the Chicago suburbs, do not take a cab from the airport taxi stand. Talk to the hotel about transportation options at much lower fares.

• Stayed October 2005, travelled on business
3 Thank BizTravellers
Reviewed 3 October 2005

My boyfriend and I had ordered room service at 4:30...the lunch ended at 5 pm. We had ordered baked onion soup, a salmon dish and a mahi mahi dish. They said that the dishes would be ready in 30 - 45 minutes. We waited ONE HOUR....My boyfriend, furious, called the restraunt....Apparently nobody had called to inform us they had they didn't have the baked onion soups....And that bc we have waited for ONE HOUR...they should give us a discount for waiting being we had things to do and had a constraint on time. A minute later they had called and said that they didn't have the mahi mahi dish (14 dollars), and were to replace that with a seafood trio dish. One hour later, we got our dishes...and found out that they had charged us EXTRA for the trio dish...which was supposed to be the REPLACEMENT of the Mahi Mahi dish....The bus boy had said that he would check w/ the restraunt and be back in a few hours. The following day, the restraunt had not given us our discounts, much less a free meal being that we had waited approx 2 hours, and they had messed up our orders profusely. The receptionist claimed she could not help us w/ the room service, and could only give us a 12 dollar movie discount. Oh and by the way, the price of the dinner that they had given us was 50 dollars. It would have been 30 if they had not messed up numerous times. The room service failed miserably.

• Stayed October 2005

Travellers are raving about these Bloomingdale hotels

Reviewed 15 July 2005

We visited the resort for the first time for the 4th of July weekend. We had a great time. They have a Kids Club on weekends with many different activities and entrtainment for kids. My daughters had a blast! I had a chance to visit the spa and had a great experience. I was first surprised by the architecture, for example the rooms are not square but shaped in a hexogan. I then later found out that the architecture of the resort is Frank Lloyd inspired. I wish that the Indian Lakes would better communicate that.
We had a great time and definitely would recommend the resort.

• Stayed July 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 May 2005

I stayed a week for a conference and it has to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. I was unfortunate to get a room facing the inner courtyard. The first thing I noticed was loud music playing somewhere below. The cave bar is in the inner courtyard and there is a player piano that plays loud (bad) music. I called the front desk and asked how long the music would be on for because I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep. They said they turn it off at 9 pm. No problem, it was quiet at 9 pm.

The next night not only was the loud music playing again but there was a large group of people in the bar area and I could hear their individual conversations in my 5th floor room! I called and asked how long the people would be there and they said that the bar closes at 11 pm. I asked to change my room and they said I couldn't because the hotel was sold out but I could change my room the next day. I had no choice but to stay up to 11 pm until the noise was gone.

The next day I changed rooms to one that faced the outside, they were suppose to move my packed suitcase for me but they never did, so I moved it. When I returned to the room that evening, the sun was beating into the room and it was 80 degrees. I went to turn on the A/C and guess what, nothing! I called down and they said they would send up an engineer who came pretty quickly. He said that he couldn't fix it and I would have to change rooms. The front desk called after that and said they could not change my room because they were sold out. I asked if the window could be opened and they said no but they would send up some fans. I got really mad on the phone so they sent the engineer back up to try to fix it but he said the fan motor was out. He did get the window opened so a nice breeze came in.

The next day I packed my bag again to be moved to another room and when I checked back at lunch, they first couldn't find a room for me, then they said they were upgrading me to a suite but it wouldn't be ready until 4 pm. My conference ended at 5 pm so I went back to get the key to the suite and they were all confused again about which room to put me in. They told me to go wait in my old room until the manager came back. When I got back to the old room, guess what, the A/C was working! I decided not to chance it with another room and called to tell them I wasn't moving.

They have some serious quality control problems here. I told my company so they won't have a conference here again. Other people in our group had room problems too. I don't know why the front desk had so many problems trying to find me a room, I don't know if I ever would have gotten the suite either, it probably would have been sold out! The front desk never seemed to be concerned that I had to change rooms so many times. They are definitely not professional at all.

• Stayed May 2005, travelled on business
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 December 2004

Very nice place to stay. The whole Indian theme in the middle of Chicago suburbs is a bit of a stretch, but don't let that deter you. The facilities are very clean and the service first rate. The indoor pool was very nice and a welcome sight to our daughter. I didn't get to play the golf course, but it looked very nice from our window... maybe next time. Yes, I would come again and yes, I would recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed February 2004
4 Thank Jerseythursday
Reviewed 6 October 2004

This is a late review, but I believe it's merits sharing, despite the tardiness. My partner, who lives in the states, and I had arranged for a Valentine's Day weekend and decided on a central location of Chicago. Because of a really good deal we found and the interesting features of IndianLakes Resort, we chose to spend our weekend there, rather than deal with all the hassles of the city.

It was pretty much a disaster, from start to finish. First of all, my partner arrived before me and requested that the room charges be put onto his credit card, even though the reservation was in my name. This, apparently, caused mass confusion at every point along the way. We had to ask no less than 4 times (in 3 days) for his name to be added to the reservation because nothing was getting billed appropriately. After having a late night drink and snack in the cave bar one night, they called our room at 1:30 in the morning to say they couldn't bill the charges!!!

There were expensive charges for every single thing you did (even using a calling card with an 800 number meant a charge!, movies were expensive, restruants were overpriced, etc.). The Sunday brunch was expensive, but worth it - deliscious and beautiful! Overall, our "good deal" ended up equalling what we would have spent at a boutique hotel downtown.

The rooms are really nice, but we realized ours had a leak that must have been there for ages (stained curtains, soggy carpetting, the constant sound of dripping) and had to be moved to another room. Getting our luggage moved was a whole other ordeal. Our very first room (not the one with the leak) overlooked a parking lot, although the hotel couldn't have been more than 15% full, and we requested to be moved. The leaky room overlooking a snowy golfcourse had a nice view (as did the one we were moved to the 2nd time). This characteristic of inattentiveness by the staff (why wouldn't they put you in a nice room, when they were clearly available?) was a constant factor.

It could be a nice place to stay if the staff were better trained on customer service. You can certainly hibernate there for a long weekend without ever leaving, but be ready to pay for it!

10 Thank mexicanmadeline
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomingdale
Eaglewood Resort & Spa
Hyatt Place Itasca
Hyatt Place Itasca
#1 of 5 in Itasca
Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg

Been to Hilton Chicago Indian Lakes? Share your experiences!