BW Premier Collection, Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed for 3 days to attend a convention in their conference center. Facilities were OK except for the leaking ice machine in the hallway of the conference center. Free breakfast was WONDERFUL. Banquet functions were poorly staffed. 2 hours to serve a meal? Are you kidding me? The only meal we had that was served the temperature it was supposed to be was when we served ourselves Buffet style. Day manager Drew was super to work with. Evening manager Lashon was nowhere to be found when something went wrong... when we did find him he was behind a locked door and looked for someone else to blame the failure on... My recommendation - if you're having an event there DEMAND that DREW be in charge!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Sandy O, General Manager at BW Premier Collection, Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

I would like to first thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us while you had an opportunity to visit the Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center. I am delighted that we were able to deliver exceptional service during a portion of your conference and am very sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations for your entire stay. We very much appreciate and value Guest feedback, which allows us to focus on areas where we may improve. I will address these issues promptly and ensure we take the proper steps in correcting the issues in which you stated.
Thank you again for sharing your experience with us!

Sandy Overman, GM

There are newer reviews for BW Premier Collection, Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center

Reviewed 20 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Sandy O, General Manager at BW Premier Collection, Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We are getting married in Illinois this weekend and after staying with family for two weeks my fiancé and I needed a night away. We checked into the Parke Regency and after receiving a complimentary upgraded room we went to dinner with my family. Upon returning to the room we found a plate of chocolate, fruit, dessert, and a fresh bottle of chilled champagne. Accompanied by a note wishing us the best in our upcoming nuptials. I have to say this was one of the best hotel stays I have had in a long time, especially granted the amazing price point!!

Room Tip: Recommend the king suite with whirlpool!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sandy O, General Manager at BW Premier Collection, Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for your kind response regarding your recent stay at the Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center. I was very pleased to hear the staff took great care of you, as everyone here understands the pressure and stress that can accompany planning a wedding.
Best of luck to you and your family!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights, that included a weekend stay. Staff was great at check in on Thurs, and when our room did not get cleaned on Fri, the front desk seemed upset about it and rooms were cleaned following days. However, on Sat, the hotel was sold out and packed and it felt like it--kids/adults were running up and down halls, knocking on random doors, and then we started smelling cigarette smoke. I called down to the front desk to notify them/get it stopped since the room was quickly smelling up--when I heard no reply, I went downstairs to check and the front desk lady, she said that she had gone to our floor and hadn't smelled anything, so she didn't do anything else. I told her to come to our room and smell it, which she did and agreed it smelled badly, but didn't do anything else.

The free breakfast is ok, but by the 2nd day, we were done with it.

The pool is tiny and old, but was warm on Thurs, but by Sat/Sun, it was frigid and was not working! I notified a different employee on Sun about the pool and she looked at me as if she could care less and said, in an offhand manner that she'd call management about it but that nothing would happen that day. When I followed up again, she admitted that she called the maintenance man and he said that it sounded like it was low on water and told her how to start filling it up/get it working. Then she said that she had stuck her hand in the water and "it didn't seem cold" to her, as if me and my children were making it up. She appeared to be 18 years old and not excited to be working, and her attitude showed.
Overall, there are better hotels in Bloomington with better pools and better service--save your money and stay there, and avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
JohnSMyree, General Manager at BW Premier Collection, Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

I would like to take moment to first thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at the Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center. I am very sorry of the problems you experienced and will address the items noted so that we may continue to improve our services.
Management and staff pride ourselves on providing exceptional Guest service so that all of our Guest enjoy a positive lodging experience. Please know these issues have been addressed to ensure we continue to strive to be leading hotel in the Bloomington Normal area.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

The Parke Regency was the location of a family wedding reception, so it made sense for us to stay there as well. The price was quite good (I believe it was around $85) and the staff were exceptionally friendly. The reception went off beautifully, and the rooms were comfortable and clean. Nothing was overly "fancy" but for our purposes, it was perfect. We were traveling with our 10-year-old daughter and she enjoyed the fact that there was a pool, and that kid loves a hotel breakfast bar. Very pleased with our experience and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if ever we find ourselves needing accommodations in Bloomington.

Room Tip: They have rooms with a king and queen bed (in addition to two queens) which was ideal for my husband...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at the Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center. I am pleased to hear the wedding and the event was a success. The indoor pool and hot breakfast is always a pleaser to our younger Guests. Again, thank you for allowing the staff at Parke Regency to be of service to you and your family!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed at the Parke Regency because the reception for a wedding I was attending was being held there. They bill themselves as “Central Illinois’ only boutique hotel”. Maybe there’s a different definition of boutique but I tend to think of hotels such as the Marriott Autograph Collection – unique, intimate properties with upscale amenities and service. If that’s your definition, you’ll be disappointed here. That said, this isn’t a bad hotel for what it is. It’s on par with a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express with the added benefits of a bar and banquet facility attached.

My room was fine. Good size, clean, and nicely decorated. There was a sitting chair and a refrigerator and microwave in the room. The view, however, was less than spectacular overlooking the dumpsters and the nearby cornfields. The bed was fine but not nearly as nice at the Sheraton or Westin beds with their cotton sheets and thick duvets. My bed had a thin comforter and 60% cotton/40% poly sheets. Again, what I expect in a mid-range hotel and not a boutique one.

There is a breakfast buffet in the morning, much like what you will find at a Hampton or Residence Inn. It’ll fill you up but nothing spectacular. The bar, located between the breakfast area and the banquet facility, seems popular and was crowded both nights I was there and they had Guinness on tap, which is always a plus.

One last thing, the hotel indicates they have shuttle service to the airport but when I called the front desk about it, I was told it doesn’t operate on the weekends.

This isn’t a bad hotel but given the choice, I’ll stay at one of the national chains so I can earn points that will let me stay at a true boutique hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center. I am disappointed that we failed to meet your expectations in providing services and products that would attribute to the boutique hotel experience.
Comments made by our Guests are on the top of our priorities and we very much appreciate the feedback. Please know that we will review and look for ways to continue to improve. As always, we will focus on striving to meet and exceed the expectations of our Guests.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We had a great overnight trip. The staff was extremely friendly and all said hi to us through the halls. The front desk was very pleasant and even allowed us into the pool a few minutes before it was officially open so that we had a little more time there. There is even a restaurant/bar inside the hotel that had live music. It looked cute but didn't go since I was with my 6 year old. I would definitely stay there again if we are in the area again. The only slight issue is that there was only a shower and no tub. If we had a longer stay that could be an issue since my kids still only take baths. Overall, we really enjoyed it!

Room Tip: No tubs only showers.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our staff here at the Parke Regency Hotel and Conference Center. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional guest service to ensure each and every Guest has the best lodging experience possible while in the Bloomington Normal area.
We understand some Guests would need a room with a tub, please do not hesitate to ask on your next visit and we will do our very best to accommodate your request.
Again, thank you for allowing the Parke Regency Hotel the opportunity to be of service!