“good clean place to stay”

Hampton Inn Bloomington West
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Above average place to stay in Bloomington; Rooms are spacious, bathroom clean; breakfast so-so but its free. Close to highway for easy traveling. Staff is very nice and helpful. Part of the Hilton chain so you also get a bottle of water and a snack if you have status. Free WiFi in the rooms (wireless).

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 April 2013

Room was clean, comfortable and quite. Didn't have anything to really critique. Location was good. Room and bed were nice and big as well. Everything was clean from what I could see and all was quite as wel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Stayed here one night with my wife and 3 children as we traveled through. Check in was fine, room and bed were comfortable. Breakfast was okay, but no potato and eggs were just plain scrambled eggs (kind of boring compared to some other Hampton's). Still nice that it is included in the room rate and enough choices to pick from. Pool was nice and water temp was great, kids enjoyed it. No hot tub though if you are looking for that. My only gripe was that I had to walk through an overwhelming smoke smell every time I got off the elevator on the 3rd floor. I was in a non smoking room but apparently the few smoking rooms they have are on the 3rd floor next to nonsmoking rooms. To their credit, I didn't notice the smell at all once I got in my room, it just wasn't the most welcoming smell for my family coming off the elevator...and the lady hacking her lungs out at 5 am as she smoked her life away didn't help either. Overall though it was a decent stay and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I ever happen to be passing back through.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Great service, clean beds, cheerful customer service, fun pool, wonderful breakfast not to mention going above and beyond to help out their customer. I left my iPod in the room and didn't notice until I was about and hour away from the hotel on my way home. I called and the receptionist immediately went to my room and found the iPod. It was shipped to my home in a box and packaged better than I would have packaged it myself! I don't know how to thank them so I am writing this review. Thank you so much Hampton Inn Bloomington West! I recommend them to anyone staying in this area.

906 Maple Hill Road, Bloomington, IL 61702

Mr. Pleased

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Check in was easy and beds are comfortable. Wireless internet is free. Lots of noises in the room and the breakfast was just OK relative to other Hampton Inns we have stayed at in other parts of the country. Staff was friendly. Pool had too much chlorine. Fitness room was very nicely equipped.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

We stay at alot of Hilton hotels. This was a nice hotel, check in was super easy and fast. We arrived at 11 am, and were able to check in right away. Beds were very comfortable, and the hotel had just upgraded to HD. We were not able to get one channel, but all the other channels were clear. The pool was a little small, but with a child, she did not mind. Nice workout room also. Breakfast was fair - it was free, so I won't complain. Good location from interstate. If we go back, will stay again.

Reviewed 7 February 2013

Knowing the brand and quality of this chain is a top priority for me and my husband. We are not seasoned travelors and rely on comments and reviews usually prior to long ahead reservations.

This visit was a spontanious since we were heading home from a longer trip and pending weather was a factor. Glad we made this choice. Thanks, M and R from Minnesota

Room Tip: easy access from interstate. We did not go out for a meal, but our breakfast was very good.