“Good accommodations for Bloomington area”

Hampton Inn Bloomington West
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Positives: free breakfast - (bagel toppers are the best), friendly staff, coffee available all the time, nice rooms, great desk and desk chair. Negatives: surrounding area is a bit sparse for my liking

Reviewed 25 April 2014

As promised, the Hampton Inn in Bloomington, IL was as promised. This location was clean and the rooms updated. The hotel was quiet and comfortable. I'm a Hilton Diamond member with hundreds of stays each year.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is a very nice hotel. Clean with helpful staff. Good breakfast even for us who eat Gluten Free. We enjoyed swimming in the pool, even though it was too cool for us. Wish they had a hot tub. We would stay again.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

The quality of the free breakfast is hard to beat. In fact, my wife and I thought why can't other hotels do the same. This was the best breakfast we have encountered in our travels. The rooms are dated but clean and the fixtures are updated. This is a nice place and we recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I reserved a whirlpool king room, the only type available on the Hampton In website. When I arrived I found that the room I reserved wasn't even available. I was switched to a "big" room and charged the same higher rate. I was only able to get any cooperation from the front desk when I demanded to be moved to a smaller room. That's when I found out there were no other rooms, smaller or whirlpool, available, so I would have been put in the big room no matter what I reserved. The front desk clerk offered me $10 off on my room, which was still $20 more than their advertised $109 rate. She was only able to get the reservation system to accept the rate change when she changed it from $139 a night to $120. She wouldn't go any lower because I had a "big room" (which was bigger because it had a couch and an extra sink).

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Our stay was very short, but very nice. We were greated warmly, our room was very clean and comfortable, and breakfast was quick and tasty. The room we were assigned slept all six of us comfortably, and the shower did a great job.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Had reserved a large room for a romantic getaway, but the room was smelly, had bad ceiling patch. Looked like the roof had leaked. Understandable with the crazy winter, but the room was not ready for use. Was given a regular sized room upon my complaint of the room smelling musty. The replacement room was clean but not what I wanted.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomington
Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington
5 mi away
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, IL
4 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal

Been to Hampton Inn Bloomington West? Share your experiences!