“nice quite and clean”

Hampton Inn Bloomington West
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 28 May 2014

just what we wanted after long day of travel, clean room, nice bed and quite .Breakfast was all we needed get us off onto another long day, we find Hampton inns fit our budget and are friendly workers and clean rooms without that chemical smell. I have allegies and can't take strong orders

1  Thank 209margiea

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Clean rooms, pleasant and helpful staff. the hotel followed through on my request that they now spray our room with deodorant sprays. The location was good in terms of access to highways but is quite far from most of the restaurants in town.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

staff was very rude at checkin. room was filthy,sheets were stained,bugs smashed on walls,and paint chipping in bathroom. bathtub was very dirty and full of hair. this room was not worth half the price they charged. I would have went to a different hotel but everything was sold out.

1  Thank John T
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Traveling for a gymnastics competition in a group. We had a block of rooms for a group of about 10 families. The block of rooms had to be reserved on one persons credit card to hold for a short period until each family could provide their individual credit cards (which was done within the timeframe they gave us) When we arrived we each had to provide our credit cards - my AMEX was declined and I was rudely asked if I had another card (there was no reason for my AMEX to be declined, by the way) - I was instructed to go to the ATM. I was able to withdraw the amount from the SAME DECLINED AMEX card from the ATM at the PNC around the corner - and ended up having to pay the $3 fee at that ATM, not to mention I'll end up paying the cash advance interest rate on the amount I had to withdraw. The 1st credit card that was given to hold the block of rooms was charged $1600 !!!!! (on top of the payments that each family paid) - word of advice, never provide a card tied to your checking account to hold a block of rooms. It is my understanding that this was handled and refunded the next day, however it never should have occurred to begin with and the parents who had hoped to be focusing on the competition their daughter was competing in, was forced to deal with this fiasco. ......we were charged $118 per night plus fees which amount to 245.00 for the weekend - this hotel was hardly an $80 per night hotel. It is old and my room was in disrepair. There was some kind of bug squished on the wall (and not cleaned up), the ceiling in the shower was crumbling, the tub was dirty, the towels were stained, my comforter was stained.......if we hadn't been staying as a group - I would have left this hotel immediately. I was traveling sans the hubs, but he is on course to be contacting Hilton about this experience......definitely not the quality we are used to out of a Hilton brand hotel. The location was great, just not up to expectation.

2  Thank Sheri T
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We have stayed here several times, good location off the interstate. Enjoyed having internet service in our room, a small frig and microwave were handy. They have the best hot chocolate mix when you add French vanilla to it...my husband's favorite !

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We got the last room on level 3 and the place was booked out two days in advance. We were able to book in at 2 pm which was very convenient. Rooms are quite large we had a fridge which is good for water overnight. Breakfast area small only limited range. Fruit was canned not fresh like other Hamptons. Staff very pleasent and helpful. No laundry available which meant we carried foreward our washing to Hampton Inn in Davenport which does have a good laundry.
Would stay again but there are 4 other chains at this location all within 100m so there is plenty of choice all no doubt offer similar room prices. No restraunt at this hotel. No bar for drinks.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a fridge.