“Changing Hotels”

Red Roof Inn Bloomington
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We were so pleased with our recent stay at Red Roof Inn that we are switching hotels from where we normally stay while in Bloomington. Everything was very good for the price we paid. The contintental breakfast was very good as well. Our only dislike was the AC had no control for the direction of the air flow.

Room Tip: Second floor requires use of stairs. East side rooms get early morning sun.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Sanjay S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Thank you very much for showing confidence in us for our service. These feedbacks help us to judge how we are doing and what improvements are required. We are gradually changing our air conditioners to solve the problems you highlighted.
Thank you again and hope to see you soon.
Regards

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Bloomington

Reviewed 16 May 2012

Convenient location. Room was clean and bed comfortable, which was all we cared about after a long day on the road. Picked this motel based on previous reviews. Only complaint was that we found the breakfast bar to be poor.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Sanjay S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Bloomington Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. I will raise the issue of breakfast with the management and see if we can improve the quality.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, I hope you will give us another chance to serve you.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

I have stayed in the Red Roof Inn in Bloomington, IL for 2 consecutive months. I honestly am going to miss this place when I move into my new home. The staff is excellent. The management is super. i felt like I was in the safest place in Bloomington. Why--- I go to sleep right after work. I once left the door open while sleeping from 8pm to midnite. I awoke to find nothing missing and me very safe. I have stayed in motels in 32 states and never experienced this much love.

Room Tip: stay on the side facing subway sandwiches. You can get to food in less than a minute
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My stay there wasn't the best. We got there The bathroom light didn't work and come to find out the bulb was just lose and also the fan in the made an awful noise. We went to lay on the bed and the right side was just awful barely moved on it creaked bad (like someone had sex on it a lot or a heavy person sat on it and broke the bed.) The TV had 15 channels and 2 didn't work. The TV remote buttons were wore off and could hardly read them and had a burnt mark on it. The sheet also had a burnt mark on it. Felt like we were getting bitten by something as well. Overall i will never stay there again. I would rather slept in my car.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Sanjay S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Dear Annette,

I'm concerned about the overall condition of the room you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve.

In this regard, I have discussed the matters you raised with my staff. Please rest assured that I have reviewed the highlighted problem with them to ensure that a similar situation does not occur in the future.

Regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Once again, please accept my sincere apology. We look forward to serving you again in the near future and promise to provide you with a PERFECT STAY.

Reviewed 30 April 2012 via mobile

Clean room including bathroom. Easy to find with good restaurants nearby. Bed was comfortable with descent pillows. You have drive up right in front of your door for quick unpacking. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: April 2012
Sanjay S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Reviewed 6 April 2012

A good hotel for a stay,the room was clean and very well maintained...would recommend this for a stay..The desk clerk was very nice and informative...They offer coffee and a quick start to your morning

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for your positive comments. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Bloomington Red Roof.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

No doubt they have clean, afordable rooms im an ideal location. The lovely wife who works the front desk is accomidating and fun. First night and room GREAT. On the other hand the husband runs the show. The next morning I pay up the week and He switched my room to a shaby, beat up, smelly, room with burnt carpet, a tv that shows zer0 channells, and doesnt have a dead bolt. THIS IS AFTER I CHECKED IN FOR A DAY THEN PAYED FOR A WEEK! Glancing into rooms being cleaned and unoccupied rooms I seen that they have very nice rooms furniture and linens. I asked for another room and was shown two others, same condition. I asked to get into one of the nicer rooms and thats when i learned about "prefered customers" policy. Bogus Sham!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Lovinglife2012
Sanjay S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Dear Sandy

I'm concerned about the condition of extended stay room you experienced at our
hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to
bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay
a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service
to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're
doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.