“Watch out for the remote”

Red Roof Inn Bloomington
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
“Watch out for the remote”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I usually stay at chain hotels that are indoor entrance. For a one night stay, it was fine. Cleanliness wasn't up to other hotels I have stayed at in the past. Grease-like substance on remote sealed the deal. There was a hand print on the window that I think may have been the same hand that touched the remote! Didn't report as the damage had been done. No TV watching for me! There are other hotels in the area that are a more pleasant stay than here. I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Approach remote with caution!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Sanjay S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
Thank you for your review. Sorry that your experience at our property wasn't upto your expectation. I will try more harder to make sure these issues are addressed and taken care of. Reviews like yours tell me my underperformance overall. I promise you will have a PERFECT stay if you give me one more chance.

Sanjay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Illinois City, Illinois
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Just stayed at an awesome RRI in Indiana so I thought we would have the same experience in Bloomington.... nope. Hotel in need of care, doors opened to exterior... did not feel safe in this area.
I would not chose this when so many other choices exist in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Sanjay S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Dear Guest

I am pleased to hear you had a great experience with another Red Roof Inn, I wish our accommodations would have provided you with the same comments. I apologize that you did not feel comfortable at our inn with the exterior corridors. I would like to know more about what you meant by “in need of care”. Please feel free to contact me directly at the inn to discuss. Once again thanks for your comments to help us improve for our future guests.

Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We were particularly impressed with a staff member who provided directions to a restaurant and a coupon for $4 off our check. Room was clean and price was reasonable.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
It was great to know that your stay was satisfactory. I will definitely pass on to my other team members. Hope to see you on your next trip. I promise we will provide again a PERFECT STAY.

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Very basic room. It was clean and priced reasonably. AC unit was a bit loud.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
It was nice to hear that your stay was satisfactory. Thank you for the positive review. We took care of the noisy A/C you reffered. Hope to see you again.
Thanks
Mt. Carmel, IL
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I was a little leary of the Red Roof Inn considering with an online code I only paid around $40 for a night in this hotel. And honestly it was just fine. Room was a little small but it was clean and had free internet access. No problems. There was a very simple breakfast in the morning that consisted of a few types of cereal, oatmeal, bagels, bread, juice, and coffee.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Sanjay S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
Thank you very much for your review. I am glad that my team is doing good job to make every customer happy including you. Kind words like yours really motivate us.
We will definitely do our best again in your next stay. Keep us in mind as a Home away from Home in Bloomington, IL.
Sanjay
INDEPENDENCE- MISSOURI
Reviewed 14 June 2012

No complaints - this was a great place to stay and was neat and clean. Not a bad continental breakfast.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
I am very glad to hear that your stay was upto your expectation. I, on behalf of our team would like to thank you again and hope to see you again. I promise that we will try to exceed your expectations next time.
Newark, Ohio
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We were so pleased with our recent stay at Red Roof Inn that we are switching hotels from where we normally stay while in Bloomington. Everything was very good for the price we paid. The contintental breakfast was very good as well. Our only dislike was the AC had no control for the direction of the air flow.

Room Tip: Second floor requires use of stairs. East side rooms get early morning sun.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Sanjay S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Bloomington, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Thank you very much for showing confidence in us for our service. These feedbacks help us to judge how we are doing and what improvements are required. We are gradually changing our air conditioners to solve the problems you highlighted.
Thank you again and hope to see you soon.