“Great room for the price”

Ramada Limited Bloomington
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
“Great room for the price”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This is a good hotel for the price. It's built for travelers. Smaller room for a smaller price. We were in and out for one night. Our room was clean and nice. The breakfast was just like anyone else's. very much adequate. on this Sunday night I could have paid double for a bigger room, bigger desk and tv a block away at a different brand, but why?
The desk was friendly and helpful and I would recommend this highly for a traveler or budget conscious person needing longer accommodations. I'm tired of paying $100 a night just to lay down for a night. This is a step in the right direction.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
FerventAngel, General Manager at Ramada Limited Bloomington, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Glad you enjoyed your stay. Just so you know we do offer larger rooms. Hope you will come to check them out in the future.
THank you for your feedback!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
West Central Illinois
Reviewed 9 July 2013

When I entered the room, it was about 90 degrees and very small (about the size of a descent closet). After two hours, I was able to close the hall door but the room was still very uncomfortable. I killed three spiders the first day. The morning of the second day, I tried the breakfast. The biscuits were so hard that they wouldn't even break apart. There are only about 20 channels that work on the TV, none of which I wanted to watch on the old set with a horrible picture and located high up on a wardrobe. (Before I booked, I called to ask about specific channels and was told they had them, They do not.) Upon returning the second day, the room was extremely hot again, Now, two hours later, it is almost tolerable but not by any means comfortable. I mentioned the temperature but was told that the motion censors have to detect motion for the units to run. The bathroom toiletries are nice, but the bathroom is in disrepair. The shower head sputters and the drain plug in the sink is out. The trim is coming off the floor, While this is a two-star hotel, it does cost enough that one would expect it to not be so hot or that when a customer calls to ask about specific channels or other items that the person answering the phone would know about the hotel. I can't imagine coming here for any reason other than a quick overnight stay when the weather is nice rather than hot. It is also worth noting that the desk (coffee maker and ice bucket on top) is not really big enough for even a laptop. Very disappointing!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank LJC67
Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate the comments they tell us what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong. I apologize that you were not happy with your stay. We have recently been undergoing some changes here at the hotel. Such as: getting flat screen TVs, repairs on the bathrooms, updating our breakfast items and working on a better a/c/heating censor unit.
I also would like the apologize about the staff not being knowledgeable with the TV channels. Since you have made this comment we placed a guide here at the front desk so they will be better to assist you.
I hope you will give us another chance in the future to make things right!
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Nice hotel for the price we paid. Good location. Hotwire rate was the best part. Room was clean. This room met our needs. We left too early to take advantage of the breakfast, but the front desk clerk let us take a couple of muffins.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank XJ650Rocks!
Thank you for your comments and I am pleased that you were happy with your stay. We look forward to servicing your future lodging needs.
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We booked this room last minute and I was pleased for the most part. We got a Geico discount which was good. The room was a good size and comfortable. There was mustard on a corner of a pillow, a couple hairs on the sheets and the previous guest's shampoo was still in the shower. There wasn't a fridge in the room, which was a little disappointing. Those were my only complaints. Otherwise I slept well, the temp in the room was great, the staff was kind and courteous, and breakfast was decent. I'd stay here again if I come back to the area.

• Stayed June 2013
Corydon, Iowa
Reviewed 21 June 2013

We stayed one night when we were in town for a wedding. The family had reserved a block of rooms for out-of-town guests. The hotel was easy to get to from the interstate. The room was nice, with two queen beds and a good-sized bathroom. There was a decent amount of desk/counter space in the room for setting up our stuff (suitcases, laptops, etc.) The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was standard: fruit, muffins, cereal, waffle maker; they also had biscuits and gravy. Our one complaint was that they were quite slow to refill items.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank empressoftheuniverse
Belleville, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I was amazed at how small the room was. I could barely move around in it. I have a good-sized laptop computer to do work on, and the "desk," if you want to call it that had one of the corners cut off diagonally to make a little more room to walk by without having to turn sideways. There were only fifteen cable channels, none of which I was interested in. I did not enjoy my stay here at all. It appears that they no longer serve biscuits & gravy anymore, either. Danishes, donuts, and some fruit is about the full expanse of the continental breakfast.

Expedia had it as a 2 1/2 star hotel, but it's more like a 1 to a 1 1/2 hotel.

Room Tip: Don't go there.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 June 2013

It's in a cluster of hotels just off the interstate so highway noise might bother some, but I was fine. Ac is updated so you can pick the desired room temp instead of just high or low. Beds are quite comfortable and while I did find the pillow too thick for my neck, I've read in some reviews the one can request a different type of pillow. Anthony at front desk is very friendly and welcoming and was just as kind first thing in the morning as when we arrived around 10pm. Shower had nice pressure - though the drain kept getting pushed closed by the water pressure and had to manually opened. Maybe they are unaware of this. It was a minor inconvenience. Overall, rooms are clean, updated and comfortable. While breakfast was just biscuits and gravy or waffles, it did have some fruit and yogurt available for your more health conscious guests and for that I thank you! Overall, well worth my $69 (with AAA) night's fee.

• Stayed June 2013