“Nice for the price”

Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Wheaton, Illinois
“Nice for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

For the price, this hotel is fine. The rooms are small. Bed and pillows are very comfortable. Shower was great. Although a bit worn (repainted shows on ceiling and worn carpet in hall) it is clean. The t.v. in my room was small and oddly situated at an angle on top of the armoire.
Breakfast was decent. The only negative was a party across the hall that kept going. The management finally, after 2 warnings, ended it. Unfortunately, it continued out into the parking lot below my room. When I called to complain, someone immediately went outside to take care of it. Not the hotel's fault...just wish something could have been done sooner.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Kathryn H
FerventAngel, General Manager at Ramada Limited Bloomington, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
I do apologize about the noise level at the hotel. The staff tries to handle these tough situations as they arise. Some guests are a bit harder to handle.
I would like to inform you it is my goal these year to update carpets and curtains. We hope you will come back again to see these changes.
Be sure to check out the larger rooms we offer. Just ask one of the front desk agents about these rooms. We want to make sure you are comfortable while staying with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Columbia, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

I stayed here based on the (overall) positive ratings, thinking this place would be a good deal, but I would I have gladly paid more for a nicer stay! Though an all "non smoking" hotel, our room reeked of smoke (The smoke smell was so obvious that I think the staff probably used this room as their smoking lounge). The front desk clerk acted like she was doing me a favor by giving us a new room (right next to the elevator and breakfast area). The room itself was ok (though lacked freshness) but the pillows were horrible (all four were the same - big and firm - which I despise).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Flyb0yz
RamadaBlm, General Manager at Ramada Limited Bloomington, responded to this review, 11 March 2015
Yes, we do have smaller rooms. These are for our more "economical" stays. We do offer larger rooms. I hope you will come back and see the size difference.

Travellers are raving about these Bloomington hotels

Minot, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

You can tell the hotel is on the older side but its clean and very comfortable. The beds are probly one of the best iv slept in. I stayed in the two bed room and it was plenty of room for three ppl and a dog. Bathroom was decent size and nice hot shower. Bonus was the fluffy towels. I dont have any negatives and would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013
FerventAngel, General Manager at Ramada Limited Bloomington, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
I am very pleased that you were happy with your stay. I will surely inform my staff how well they have been doing. It's always great to hear such great feedback from our guests. We will look forward to seeing you in the future.
Thank you for you comments!
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

I have stayed at this property several times over the years while traveling for business. The rooms are small, but clean and comfortable. Every staff member I have interacted with has been friendly and helpful. The breakfast was above average in selection and quality. There are also a couple restaurant choices nearby. I will stay here again and recommend it for travelers passing through.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevator and lobby are generally quieter, but it's a pretty quiet place thro...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
FerventAngel, General Manager at Ramada Limited Bloomington, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. We really take pride in our outstanding staff.
We will be adding some new items to our breakfast to change it up for the upcoming year. We will still offer a lot of the same, but you can look forward to a couple new items.
Thanks for staying with us, we hope to see you again soon!
Palatine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

The complimentary breakfast was very average at best. I look forward to that piece of my stay and that was disappointing. However, the delicious cookies at check-in were a nice plus. The staff was excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate the feedback, it tells us what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong. The breakfast is one area I would like to mention. We are making a couple changes and will be adding a few items. I hope you come back and sample some of these!