Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal West
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

First time I stayed at this Country Inn while in Bloomington. I normally stay at Hampton Inns when I travel. From the moment I walked in the lobby was very welcoming. The lady that was working was super quick to check me in. 10 mins after checking in I received a phone call from the front desk. They called to see how my room was and asked if I was pleased. Wow! I never had this happen at a Hampton. Told them rooms was great. Breakfast in the morning was wonderful. I will be back.I loved the fresh baked cookies btw.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank KrisSan14
Cristo O, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal West, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear KrisSan14,

We are so appreciative of your business and you taking the time to share your feedback. It was our pleasure to have you as a guest and we look forward to doing again very soon.

Respectfully,
Cristo Ortiz-Palfox

Reviewed 9 December 2013

With a limited time to spend together our children and their families met in the middle of IL in Bloomington and celebrated the holiday together. We played, we swam, we visited and enjoyed a wonderful two days together. The hotel was cozy and comfortable, the staff very helpful, the breakfast had something for everyone! It made for a delightful two days of family fun! With four grandchildren under 3 years, we were never made to feel a burden. Thank you for helping create a new Thanksgiving memory!

Room Tip: suites in the middle were longer with more room for infant gear.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Peg B
Cristo O, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal West, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Peg. B,

It was a pleasure to have you and your family with us. I'm so glad that you were able to spend time with your family for the holidays and extremely happy that everyone was able to enjoy our hotel and amenities.

We hope to welcome your family back next time you are in the area. Thank you for staying with us.

At your services,

Reviewed 4 November 2013

This hotel is very average, like so many others. The beds were comfy and it was quiet, but the decor and bathrooms were a bit worn around the edges. The location is great- right off the highway. Breakfast was good, but a small room.

5  Thank pelaminnesota
Cristo O, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal West, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Pelaminnesota,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to share with others your feedback. It's great to hear that you were able to have a peaceful/quite night in one of our comfortable beds. Our next major project that we have planned after we complete the hallways walls and new carpet is to work on all bathrooms and given them a new look.

I do thank you once again for your feedback and hope to see you again next time your travels bring you our way.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one week and baymont one week. Baymont was way better. Bed wasn't very comfy, front desk was not helpful. We choose here for the pool/hot tub. Worst hot tub. Not hot, no force to the jets and the chemicals were harsh

• Stayed: October 2013
6  Thank BenNic02
Cristo O, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal West, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear BenNic02,

Let me start out by thanking you for staying with us for a full week. I am very sorry that you were not able to enjoy your stay. Regarding the hot tub, I spoke to my maintenance dept. and they have informed me that they have not had any issues reported to them within the past few weeks. If this issue was brought up to my front desk staff let me apologize that this taken care of right away. I will be speaking with my staff at the next meeting and explaining to them the importance of communicating guest issues.

Once again I am sorry. I do thank you for your feedback.

At your services,

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Am a loyal Country Inn by Carlson customer, but have experienced three lesser quality stays this past year. This Contry Inn is hidden and hard to find and the matresses need replacing. The lodge is operated by hard working Asia Indians. They will do anything to please the customer, but Carlson could give some incentives to encourage travelers to try this out-of-the way Country Inn.

Room Tip: If traveling on I-74 drive about one mile west, turn right at Bob Evan's and behind Bob Evans an...
4  Thank bobjan415

Dear Bobjan415,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share with others about your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you found it hard to find our location.

We hope to see you next time you are in our area.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

This was the first time I stayed in a County Inn & Suites. I chose to stay here because it was dog friendly, and reasonably priced. I am so glad I did. The gentleman at the desk was sweet, polite, and went out of his way to make sure our stay was a good one. I was afraid that our room would smell like animal, but it didn't. It was also super clean. (Coming from me that says a lot...I tend to be OCD when it comes to cleaning). They provided a very decent breakfast for free the next morning. It was your typical continental breakfast(cereal, fruit, danishes, bagels...etc), BUT it also included eggs, fresh made waffles, sausages, potatos, and yogurt with granola and other mix ins that you can add to it. I really liked the book section, where you can take a book, and then on the honor system, return it to any of the Country Inn's. Overall, I feel that I definately got my money's worth. If I am ever in the area again, I know where I am going to stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Cristo O, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal West, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Jennifer B,

Thanks for your excellent comments. I are thrilled that you had an enjoyable stay and found our staff member to be sweet and polite. I'm also thrilled to hear that you found your room clean and were able to bring your dog along. We are looking forward to your next visit. Please return soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Very clean and the staff was very nice and helpful with directions. The lady in the breakfast room was especially nice. There wasnt much time left for breakfast and she made sure we had all we needed.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Cristo O, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal West, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear Mommastets,

So excited to read your review! I was thrilled to hear of your experiences and even more excited to read how you found our staff to be nice and helpful.

We hope to welcome you once again to our hotel next time you are in the area.