Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Texas
“Felt Like Home”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

The staff at the front desk both at check in and check out and in the breakfast room were very friendly and accommodating. The complimentary breakfast was exceptional, with delicious fresh strawberries, creamy yogurt with "fixins", hot oatmeal, and of course sausage and eggs (and lots more that we didn't partake in). Our suite was large and comfortable, with good lighting, 2 TV's, 2 closets, and a door that closed the bedroom area off from the sitting room so that the noise from the sitting room TV would not disturb the other person trying to get to sleep early. We did have 2 minor things missing from the room: washcloths and a guide to the TV stations. But when I reported this to the front desk, both items were taken care of within 15 minutes. We would stay here again most definitely if needing a place while passing thru Bloomington.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Chicago
Reviewed 21 March 2012

The rooms are not clean, they still have old TV's in the hotel. The breakfast was ok and the women in there were really nice, however when I asked the GM to reverse charges on my card she was rude and acted as if I was a inconvenience to her. Come to find out that is the 4th GM in about 6 months. This turnover shows in every aspect of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Sally m
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 March 2012

The room was clean, always key. The staff was very nice. The decor a bit dated, the TV was not a flat screen but adequate. The breakfast was typical fare, though I had sour milk and sour cream one day. The staff was responsive to it and embarrassed, so I have to assume it was a one off situation, but starting my day without my cereal, yogurt (which they didn't offer) and coffee was quite disappointing. Most disappointing though was the complete lack of treatment of the sidewalk and parking lot on a morning when the entire area was covered in ice. There was a sign on the door to be careful, it was slippery out but not a bit of salt or ice melt was put down!!! Walking to my car was like walking on an ice rink. It was extremely dangerous.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor, as I could hear all the activity of the room above me.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank fivemom
Waterloo, Illinois
Reviewed 1 March 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for my birthday. We wanted a jacuzzi suite but it was not available when we first walked in. We were in the middle of paying for a regular room and someone called and canceled their reservation for the suite. The hotel employee gave us the suite for the same price as the regular room we were going to take. I was very pleasantly surprised we got it for the lower price. I was willing to pay the normal rate but the discount absolutely made my day. Room was clean and very well kept. Hotel was in a very central convenient location. Safe area. I was a little late making it down for breakfast and there wasn't much left but it was better than nothing. I would stay again if in the area again.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi suite was amazing.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Rock Falls IL
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Went for a mid winter getawawy to the Bloomington/Normal area. Had a king suite room and it was very nice with all the little extras. Very clean and the beds are very good. Breakfast was included so this was a plus. The ladies that work in the breakfast area are very friendly and want to make sure everything is to your liking. There were alot of kids at the hotel due to the Girls IHSA State Basketball weekend. Alot of kids, small children, and even some adults came to the breakfast area barefooted or sock footed. The hostess very nicely ask them to go put shoes on, which they left and did. (Just a side note.....women should not wear PJ pants down for breakfast, have a little class!) The breakfast was great and hot and excellent coffee. There were alot of little kids running the halls, at 10:00. Kudos to the front desk for having the video camers see what is going on and getting it stopped. Overall a great place to stay when going through Bloomington/Normal. Would stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Winona, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 December 2011

I stayed at this property for one night following Thanksgiving. The room was exceptionally clean--clean in a way that is very uncommon in even the nicest hotels. The heating system is a bit on the loud side, but it did not impact the quality of our night.
The next morning was when the property really shone. We went down to breakfast with modest expectations. However, the staff exceeded our expectations and set a new standard for hotel breakfasts. First, the food. Everything was piping hot or nicely chilled just as it should be. Each item was stocked and restocked. What really set the experience apart was the three staff members who were serving breakfast. Each one greeted me, they checked several times to see if we needed anything, and one even noticed that my daughter was trying to eat yogurt with a fork before I did and brought a spoon with a napkin and a smile. Before we left, I think the hosts name was Maddie, stopped by to ask if there was anything the staff could do to make the experience better. I could honestly not think of a thing. It was a delightful experience.
Throughout the morning, staff greeted us and the atmosphere was very warm and welcoming. This is a great place. Thanks to all the staff who make it so!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank DocAnne1
Reviewed 10 December 2011

We got a great rate on hotels.com. I didn't know what to expect (due to the amazing deal) but was totally...and pleasantly surprised. It had a beautiful lobby with the smell of choc chip cookies (but they were all gone...as we were a late check in). The room was spacious and clean. It had a large bathroom, sitting room with TV, small table and chairs and small refrig (can't remember if there was other kitchen appliances since we didn't use them). The bedroom was separate and was nice sized. The bed was very comfortable. I would be more critical if I had been paying for a 5 star hotel, as there were some very minor repairs needed, such as snagged curtains. There was a continental breakfast included with the typical menu. I've paid twice the price for a hotel like this!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family