Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Greenwood, Indiana, United States
“Very nice”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Very friendly staff. Rooms were very nice. Love the fact there is a mini fridge and microwave. Wish there was a small in room safe. Beds were comfortable but not very big not enough room for 2 on a queen. Only if your super skinny it will work. The breakfast was good. Pool and hot tub very nice. Down side the chlorine was on the heavy side. Burned our eyes cut it short to shower. Over all a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013
Cindy G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear Shawna,
Thank you so much for the nice comments. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on customer service, and it is a joy to hear that it is being noticed.
Cindy Galyean

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I was greeted by Delia, a friendly front desk team member and she was wonderful. Checkin was very fast. Thanks for the upgraded. Keep up the good work. Newly renovated and updated and the rooms are very nice with fridge and microwave. Wonderful linens and nice mattresses. Also, I would like to thank Orpheous for helping me because my husband woke up sick. I really would like to thank everyone for being so nice. Keep up the good team work! We were there for the weekend for ISU Homecoming and this was our first time at this hotel. I was very happy with the hotel.

Room Tip: The second floor and third floor are good for no kids.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Cindy G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review. We enjoy helping guests like you, with anything you need. Our team is very special, and we take great pride in our guest service. If you ever need
anthing please don't hesitate to give us a call.
Gahanna,Ohio
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I was greeted by a friendly front desk team member. Had a short stay for business. The hotel was recently renovated and they did a great job. Tried the breakfast it was one of my the best complimentary breakfasts I've had. Great place to stay while on business in Bloomington!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Cindy G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank You Very Much for the nice Review. We are very proud of our renovation and we strive
ourselves on our Guest Service.
I am so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay.
St. Paul, MN
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Newly renovated and updated. Rooms were well outfitted with fridge and microwave. Nice linens. Breakfast was substantial with eggs, sausage and waffles. Stayed on upper floor away from elevator and room was very quiet. Checkin was very fast with Jason behind the desk. I appreciated the fact that he was also a student studying microbiology at the nearby university. Lately, we like Country Inn because of their lending library in the front lobby.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Cindy G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Thank you for the positive response. We are so glad you have enjoyed your stay with us.
It is always nice to hear that our remodeling pleases you.
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We arrived at the hotel about 6:30 in the evening. Upon entering the lobby we were greeted by a very friendly front Desk attendant who after looking up our reservation immediately upgraded us to a King Suite from the regular King room we had reserved. I'm not sure how often this happens at Country Inn & Suites, but it was a nice surprise after a long day on the road.

The hotel itself is just a bit out of the way which was fine with us as we were only staying one night so location wasn't an issue. It is located right next to the local airport property, but we never heard a single airplane take off or land.

Our room though a bit dated and starting to show just a little bit of wear was clean, comfortable and spacious. The bed was comfortable and the only problem I can recall was that the room darkening curtains didn't overlap just right letting in a little extra light. By no means a show stoppper !

The breakfast area is large and they have the normal variety of breakfast items as other Country Inns. Including Waffles, eggs, a variety of cereals, juices, etc.

All in all we had a great stay and can recommend this Counrtry Inn and Suites with two thumbs up ! It is on par with other hotels of this level, well maintained and managed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Cindy G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Thank You for your kind words. We appreciate hearing positive during your stay with us.
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed 18 June 2013

The front desk staff at the hotel is FABULOUS. However, the hotel itself always seems to be under construction of some sort--but never seems to improve. Breakfast is decent. If you are looking for a one night stay--this may be your place. Any longer, I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank CincyTravelBuff
Cindy G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Thank you for your response.
I appreciate the comments regarding our Front Desk Staff.
I also apologize for the construction. We are under renovations, they started in May
and we are finishing up over the next week. All guest rooms have been done, new furniture, new artwork, new televisions.
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 20 May 2013

waited too long to book a reservation graduation weekend, in a college town. Was lucky to find a suite at the Country Inn, we had stayed here once before, both visits were just fine. Warning I paid $145 to Orbits, had I booked direct, $114!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Cindy G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Thank you for the nice review. I am so glad we could accommodate you during this special weekend. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.