Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
FRANKFORT
“Outstanding Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

After a long drive in a snow storm, I arrived at this hotel and found a refreshing pitcher of ice water (with lemons and limes) and a basket of chocolate cookies in the lobby. The check-in clerk was very courteous and my check-in took only minutes. When I returned to the hotel after dinner, there were two buses in the parking lot. There were high school girls in town for their state dance competition. I expected to hear a lot of noise; but on the contrary, the hotel room was very quiet and comfortable. My room was larger than expected and I got a great night's sleep in my king-size bed. The breakfast room in the morning was very, very busy, but the staff kept up with the crowd. They replenished the hot and cold buffet and cleaned the tables as soon as a group finished using them. I sat by the fireplace and watched tv during breakfast. I especially loved the waffles and the scrambled eggs. I only wish I had room left for the sausage and biscuits. I heard they were delicious. I met many wonderful, friendly teenagers and parents. In summary, this is a great hotel, great value and I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor in a king suite with a door that separated the living area from the bedroom...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cindy G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
I was so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also pleased to hear that you noticed the ice water and cookies in the lobby. Lately with all the terrible winter weather we have been experiencing, it is nice to know that you felt safe and comfortable at our Country Inn.
If there is anything I can do for you now or in the future, please don't hesitate to give me a call.
Cindy Galyean

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
OSHKOSH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

While traveling during some recent bad weather, the staff at the Country Inn was very helpful and courteous. They discounted the room no problem with a traveler paid voucher provided by Delta. They have a free shuttle to-from the airport which is very convenient. The room was fine and it was a quick stay. The continental breakfast was included and was well appointed. Thanks to "Ron" and the rest of the staff.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LunrLandn
Cindy G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
I am so pleased to hear that our staff was able to help you. We take great pride in customer service, and I am glad that you found that while staying with us. If there is anything else I can do for you, please don't hesitate to give me a call.
Lebanon, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stayed here only one night on business and regret not having more time at motel. Great gym. Stayed in suite with a king. Bed comfy, clean. Pleasant seating area. Would have been perfect for informal meeting area or a social time. Next time I'll try to get there a little earlier. Hostess was terrific (Dalia?) -- sweet and personable.

Room Tip: If single or a couple, check on the suites -- prices may be the same as a regular room. (at least i...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank William G W
Cindy G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear William,
It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is our specialty to make sure you are
comfortable and treated like you are at home.
I hope you will stop by again.
Greenwood, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Very friendly staff. Rooms were very nice. Love the fact there is a mini fridge and microwave. Wish there was a small in room safe. Beds were comfortable but not very big not enough room for 2 on a queen. Only if your super skinny it will work. The breakfast was good. Pool and hot tub very nice. Down side the chlorine was on the heavy side. Burned our eyes cut it short to shower. Over all a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Shawna,
Thank you so much for the nice comments. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on customer service, and it is a joy to hear that it is being noticed.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

I was greeted by Delia, a friendly front desk team member and she was wonderful. Checkin was very fast. Thanks for the upgraded. Keep up the good work. Newly renovated and updated and the rooms are very nice with fridge and microwave. Wonderful linens and nice mattresses. Also, I would like to thank Orpheous for helping me because my husband woke up sick. I really would like to thank everyone for being so nice. Keep up the good team work! We were there for the weekend for ISU Homecoming and this was our first time at this hotel. I was very happy with the hotel.

Room Tip: The second floor and third floor are good for no kids.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cindy G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review. We enjoy helping guests like you, with anything you need. Our team is very special, and we take great pride in our guest service. If you ever need
anthing please don't hesitate to give us a call.
Gahanna,Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

I was greeted by a friendly front desk team member. Had a short stay for business. The hotel was recently renovated and they did a great job. Tried the breakfast it was one of my the best complimentary breakfasts I've had. Great place to stay while on business in Bloomington!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cindy G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank You Very Much for the nice Review. We are very proud of our renovation and we strive
ourselves on our Guest Service.
I am so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay.
St. Paul, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Newly renovated and updated. Rooms were well outfitted with fridge and microwave. Nice linens. Breakfast was substantial with eggs, sausage and waffles. Stayed on upper floor away from elevator and room was very quiet. Checkin was very fast with Jason behind the desk. I appreciated the fact that he was also a student studying microbiology at the nearby university. Lately, we like Country Inn because of their lending library in the front lobby.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Cindy G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Thank you for the positive response. We are so glad you have enjoyed your stay with us.
It is always nice to hear that our remodeling pleases you.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.