“My home away from home”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I travel to Bloomington frequently and this is where I always stay. It's clean and the staff is friendly. The pool and the hot tub are relaxing. It always quite. Nothing fancy about it but great for the price.

Room Tip: A nice, clean, friendly, quite hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Cindy G, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

We are so happy to know that you enjoy staying with us whenever you are in town. We are very thankful that you are our guest, and we look forward to continuing to provide you with the best guest service in town. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you.

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

All very clean and smell good,excellent service,
excellent facilities,
excellent breakfast,
WAO,provide you service of interpreters in Spanish
Amazing!!
close to everything!!
Short Trip but really Good!!
My Kids love the inside pool!!

Stayed: March 2014

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments that you left us. We are very happy to see that you had an amazing experience with us, and we hope that you will return for a visit soon. Please feel free to contact us if there is anything else that we can do for you.

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Overnight stay for early morning flight. Hotel recently remodeled and it shows.
Cons: musty odor in hallway over the pool, strong air freshener smell in the room. Phone in room inoperable.
Pros: upgraded to a king suite. Delia delivers service with a smile. Goes above and beyond for guests.
Requested room transfer which she accommodated. Needed a charger for electronic device. She located one at a 24 hour box store without being asked. Truly 5 star service. I hope Country Inn values her as much as guests seem to!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Cemmo1
Cindy G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you so much for your nice comments regarding Delia. We do value her so much, and she is the perfect example of how our customer service is.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you now or in the future.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

One of the nicest hotels we've stayed at for a good rate. Everything was super clean and all of the employees were friendly and helpful. They also called to get us a cab. Great breakfast. They kept asking us if we needed anything else. Like we were at a resort.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank MNHill026
Cindy G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review. We love hearing that we have made our guests happy and comfortable. The staff takes pride in making sure each guest feels like they are home.
If there is anything I can do for you now or in the future, please contact me.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Last night my flight was cancelled due to weather and I had to find a hotel. I was fortunate to get a room here, which is only a half a mile from the hotel. A real plus when it is snowing and there is ice on the roads. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is impeccable clean, quiet and comfortable. The room was spacious, clean, equipped with plenty of linens, coffee, etc. The bed is comfortable, unlike so many hotels at a similar price point. I will look for more Country Inn and Suites in the future. The breakfast offered a wide variety and was warm. Thank you for providing a good nights stay when it was unexpected.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank LWMiller
Cindy G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

I want to thank you for your nice response. We strive ourselves in offering great customer service along with clean, comfortable rooms. During this tough winter, I was pleased to hear that you had a nice comfortable stay with us here at Country Inn.
Please contact me if you need anything now or in the future.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

After a long drive in a snow storm, I arrived at this hotel and found a refreshing pitcher of ice water (with lemons and limes) and a basket of chocolate cookies in the lobby. The check-in clerk was very courteous and my check-in took only minutes. When I returned to the hotel after dinner, there were two buses in the parking lot. There were high school girls in town for their state dance competition. I expected to hear a lot of noise; but on the contrary, the hotel room was very quiet and comfortable. My room was larger than expected and I got a great night's sleep in my king-size bed. The breakfast room in the morning was very, very busy, but the staff kept up with the crowd. They replenished the hot and cold buffet and cleaned the tables as soon as a group finished using them. I sat by the fireplace and watched tv during breakfast. I especially loved the waffles and the scrambled eggs. I only wish I had room left for the sausage and biscuits. I heard they were delicious. I met many wonderful, friendly teenagers and parents. In summary, this is a great hotel, great value and I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor in a king suite with a door that separated the living area from the bedroom...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

I was so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also pleased to hear that you noticed the ice water and cookies in the lobby. Lately with all the terrible winter weather we have been experiencing, it is nice to know that you felt safe and comfortable at our Country Inn.
If there is anything I can do for you now or in the future, please don't hesitate to give me a call.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

While traveling during some recent bad weather, the staff at the Country Inn was very helpful and courteous. They discounted the room no problem with a traveler paid voucher provided by Delta. They have a free shuttle to-from the airport which is very convenient. The room was fine and it was a quick stay. The continental breakfast was included and was well appointed. Thanks to "Ron" and the rest of the staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LunrLandn
Cindy G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

I am so pleased to hear that our staff was able to help you. We take great pride in customer service, and I am glad that you found that while staying with us. If there is anything else I can do for you, please don't hesitate to give me a call.