Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, IL
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 20 February 2011

My husband & I stayed here to get away for a night. We stayed in a King Whirlpool room which was nice. Plenty of hot water, we used the jacuzzi twice. Kevin @ the front desk was nice & helpful. I did clean out the jacuzzi a little before we used it to get out any little specks of hair etc, I can't stand anything to be in a tub when I get in & I think all hotels probably don't get it perfectly clean. Only thing I disliked was the room "creaked" all night, like a clicking noise, not sure what it was, it wasn't the heater as we didn't have it on. Overall slept well anyway! Place seemed clean & very close to lots of restaurants, mall, movie theater, etc.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank IL4891
Hotelier31, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, IL, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Country Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal Airport, IL.

I am glad to hear you were able to enjoy our King Whirlpool Suite. Unlike other hotels our Whirlpool tub is in the room, separate from the bathroom & is designed to offer comfort, convenience & a romantic setting for two.

Please accept my apology for the creaking noise which you encountered during the night. Our Maintenance team was advised of your concern and the issue has been corrected.

On behalf of the entire staff at the Country Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal Airport, IL, we thank you for your business & look forward to seeing you again when travel brings you back to the area.

Reviewed 26 January 2011

Stayed two different days, each time we had a good room and outstanding service. The staff for the free continental breakfast went out of their way to help. The desk staff was more than helpful in providing directions and anwering any question we had.

We too had a billing problem between our booking the room via Travelocity and the hotels billing system. The desk clerk was able to resolve it promptly with one phone call. I have since found out that to make sure this doesnt happen, at check in make sure the reservation form from Travelocity is shown to them.

Will certainly stay there again

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank walkerstoo
Hotelier31, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, IL, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the Country Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal Airport, IL.

Every staff member at our property is trained to provide unparalleled customer service and I am glad to hear they were able to assist you. Our complimentary Hot Buffet Breakfast offers items such as waffles, scrambled eggs, crispy bacon & fresh fruit just to name a few.

I would like to apologize for the difficulty caused by the billing problem with Travelocity, we will continue to work with Travelocity and other 3rd party websites to ensure these inconveniences are not repeated for yourself or other future guests..

Reviewed 14 January 2011

Beware how you book your room. I booked with travelocity.com, a reputable enough company. Paid for my reservation at booking. Arrived at hotel where they confirmed at check in that the room was paid and they needed a credit card for incidentals. Even at checkout they confirmed a balance of zero dollars and would not provide a receipt since I had already paid for the room with travelocity before arrival.

Two days later I receive a charge of $75 for the room.

I disputed this with my credit card company and this hotel had the nerve to argue when they confirmed 2 times in person that the room was already paid for. My credit card is now disputing this with travelocity.

What an absolute scam! Paid for this room two times and no one can be honest enough to indicate that this room was indeed paid for even though they admitted it while we were there! NEVER will stay at this chain again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank kathyinil
dstumboughcis, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, IL, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2011

I would like to apologize for this inconvenience. I would like if you could contact me so that I may correct this issue. Thank you Darrel Stumbough

Reviewed 19 December 2010

Everything you could want in a motel... pool, exercise room, breakfast/reception area. Staff was exceptionally friendly and attentive. Acommodations are superior.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Hotelier31, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, IL, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2010

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our Country Inn &
Suites in Bloomington-Airport, Illinois. We appreciate the time you spent reviewing
highlights of your stay with us. This really helps other future guests get a
feel for our hotel.

I'm glad that you got a chance to try our relaxing indoor swimming pool which is adjacent to our large hot tub. As you noticed our exercise room has all Nautilus equipment and a flat panel Television to make your workout more enjoyable. Our main focus for the breakfast room design was comfort and convenience. The large granite counter tops accented with cherry wood cabinets, flat panel Televisions and fireplace just add more to the ambiance.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inn & Suites Bloomington-Airport, Illinois, I would like to thank you for your business & we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2010

The front desk staff greeted us with such a warm smile and were very helpful. We came for a visit with our college student and the separate spaces allowed everyone to spread out and relax after a long day. The free internet access was a hit with our teen. Having the fridge and microwave area was great for a midnight snack. The King Size bed was AMAZING and comfortable!! We used the fitness area, pool & hot tub. The room where a huge breakfast was served was really cozy and the staff was very friendly. It was a very nice break for our daughter from the jam packed dorms for her as well. She really got to rest and relax. We are looking forward to planning a longer week-end very soon!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Hotelier09, Director of Hotel Operations at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, IL, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2010

Thanks for sharing feedback on your most recent trip to our Country Inn &
Suites in Bloomington, IL. It is our mission to deliver exceptional service
and a comfortable stay.

With our recent renovation, we have installed microwaves and fridges in
every guestroom for those midnight snacks, as you mentioned. I'm glad you
got a chance to use many of our free amenities, like our Nautilus Fitness
Center, indoor pool, wireless Internet and free hot breakfast buffet.

As you noticed with your family, our hotel has so many comfortable hang out
spaces, such as the cozy lobby or the fireplace sitting area in the
breakfast room.

Thanks again for sharing your comments with us. We hope you get a chance to
stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 October 2010

I was visiting family in Bloomington and needed a basic room for my husband and myself. The hotel was much better than I'd hoped for.

At checkin I was offered my choice of upgrade to a king-jacuzzi room or a king-suite room. I opted for the jacuzzi room.

The room was recently redecorated. It still smelled of new carpet! The triangular jacuzzi tub was in the room with the bed, along with a bar sink, microwave, and mini-fridge. There were nightstands on both sides of the bed, but only one had a light. There was no desk, but a small table with three chairs. The corner near the window was noticeably empty--I think it needed an easy chair. And the nightstand needed a lamp.

The bathroom was spotless and also recently updated. There were plenty of towels, and additional towels at the jacuzzi. I used the jacuzzi one night, and it was great.

The location near the airport was fine. The air traffic at BMI is not so frequent that jet noise is an issue. The road outside the hotel is very busy, though, but as long as the window was closed, it was quiet.

The hotel has free wi-fi, which I used every day. It has a good-looking indoor pool and gym, but I didn't use them. I did visit the business center to print a few pages. Very pretty room.

The tv line-up had recently changed. The channel list was inaccurate and the picture quality was poor. The tv was an older style, not the new flat panels. There were several sports and news channels, and the normal basic cable stations, but no movie channel or HBO. The front desk said the tvs were going to be replaced with hi-def flatscreens soon, but the reduced cable lineup was permanent.

The breakfast was an extensive cold starch buffet with a couple hot items. The array was fairly standard: cereal, danish, toast, bagels, waffles, muffins, oatmeal, juice, yogurt, and some fruit salad. The hot items that day were eggs, sausage and biscuits, and they were all fine. A heavy starch breakfast isn't my preference, but I have no complaints about what was offered. The breakfast room was attractive and good-sized.

The hotel is in the midst of redecorating the rooms. I saw several room doors open with new beds being assembled, mirrors being hung, and so on. Despite this, it was very quiet with no extra construction noise.

The service we extremely friendly and warm every time I visited the front desk.

I don't think my room was quite finished getting redecorated. It needed another lamp, a reading chair, and a new tv. But these are hardly major issues.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Hotelier09, Director of Hotel Operations at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, IL, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2010

Thank you for sharing with us your recent experience at our Country Inn &
Suites in Bloomington, Illinois. We appreciate the time you spent reviewing
highlights of your stay with us. This really helps other future guests get a
feel for our hotel.

My staff and I take great pride in offering the highest quality of customer
service to each and every guest that stays at our Country Inn & Suites.

I'm glad you got a chance to enjoy one of our relaxing whirlpool suites
among our amenities. And as you've discovered, we're just completing a
renovation phase of our rooms. As with any hotel renovation, we try very
hard to ensure the comfort of our guests, so I'm glad you were not
inconvenienced by the work. While final touches are being put in place, the
last part of the renovation is the addition of new flatscreen TVs, which are
forthcoming in January.

We hope you get a chance to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 October 2010

We picked this hotel at random, not really convinced it was going to be as good as its reviews but it was wonderful. The staff were friendly without being too nosy, the suite was lovely, the bed amazingly comfortable, the breakfast substantial and overall, excellent value for money. The hot tub and pool were good too, and the business room had free computers and printers, although we had wi-fi in the rooms. There was also a complimentary reception Mon-Thurs from 5.30-7.00 with free food but unfortunately we weren't able to take advantage of this.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Hotelier09, Director of Hotel Operations at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bloomington-Normal Airport, IL, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2010

Thank you for sharing with us your recent experience at our Country Inn &
Suites in Bloomington, Illinois.

My staff and I take great pride in offering the highest quality of customer
service to each and every guest that stays at our Country Inn & Suites.

I'm glad you were able to enjoy several of the amenities we offer at our
hotel. Sorry you missed our Country Homecoming Evening Reception, where
guests are welcome to join the fun and unwind after a long day. Perhaps next
time you can join us for free drinks and appetizers at our Monday through
Thursday evening receptions, with themes such as All-American Night, Fiesta
Evening, etc.

Thanks again for choosing us and we hope to see you soon.