The Chateau Hotel and Conference Center
US$112
US$116
US$111
Hotels.com
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bloomington(Bloomington)(Great Value!)
US$92
TripAdvisor
All reviewstony romasunique hotelantique furniturefridge and microwaveillinois state universitypool and hot tubin townconference centerstaff was very friendlyroom was clean and comfortablefree breakfastgreat pricewaffleslobbyconveniencecollegechain
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I spent a week in Bloomington with my family where we had a wonderful and unique hotel experience at The Chateau. Everything about the hotel is different and special. The room was very clean containing a canopy bed and plenty of space to spend time while supplying all the modern comforts you could ask to have.

The staff was friendly, helpful and VERY quick to provide us with anything we needed. Great location with many restaurants and shopping close by. Large indoor pool and spa.

The food served was wonderful, whether eating in the large dining room or ordering from the cozy full service lounge. One of my favorite parts of the hotel was the space it provides. The large lobby has several sitting areas. Upon walking in the expansive lobby makes you feel comfortable and relaxed as opposed to so many "cookie cutter" hotels that squeeze everything into the most space effective area.

We felt we had an experience to remember rather than just a bed and shower. You can't beat the experience and comfort provided by the management and staff at The Chateau.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Mary E, Director of Sales at The Chateau Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

I am glad that you had such a great experience at our hotel. Please come back and see us, if you return to Bloomington.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed at the Chateau for three nights on business in early October. The room was paid for by the sponsoring group so I don't know if the information I have about the value would be the same for another traveler. (I'm sure there must have been a special rate since there were so many rooms bring used for this event. I believe it was less than $100/night, which was a great value.) It's a decent (meant with a positive tone) place to stay. The staff was friendly and polite. There were about a hundred people in our group so I would say given the size of the group they were very organized and quite efficient with the check-in process. The room seemed pretty clean, but felt outdated. There is an old tube TV with a so-so picture. I did not get great sleep and I'm usually a really good sleeper. The bed and linens were not super comfy. A big plus in the room is there is a refrigerator and microwave. I liked the bath products provided. They also have a nice complimentary buffet breakfast each morning. The one of the best complimentary breakfasts I have found at any hotel. The location is great with easy access to great food and shopping. If you are looking for a newer more modern room with a super comfy bed and updated TV this is not a good choice. If you won't be spending much time in your room and want a decent place to rest your head, in a great location with a great breakfast included this might be the place for you.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Tarah K
Mary E, Director of Sales at The Chateau Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I'm sorry that your room felt outdated. We are in the process of updating our rooms, a few at a time. I am glad that everything else was to your satisfaction. Our mission is to please our guests. I hope that you will come back and see us on future trips to Bloomington.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

The Chateau in Bloomington, IL is a great place to stay with clean rooms/ bathrooms and is conveniently located by a mall, grocery store, and many places to eat. They also have their own restaurant/ bar inside the lobby which is pretty good, and great hot food in the morning for breakfast. The one thing I really appreciate when I stay at the Chateau is the great customer service. They always have a friendly greeting when you come in and make sure you were 100% satisfied with your stay when you walk out.

• Stayed: October 2013
Mary E, Director of Sales at The Chateau Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

I am glad to hear that you enjoy staying with us, and that our staff is giving you such good service. Thank you for the great review. I hope that you continue staying at our hotel, when you are in Bloomington.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We stayed here as a group in late July, early August for 9 days - longest stay ever at one hotel. The general manager, Jeremy, was outstanding to work with and the entire 9 day experience was one we will not soon forget. Beautiful rooms, amazing lobby and restaurant/bar - great, great location. Highly recommend this place. Jeremy is top notch and so is his staff.

Room Tip: King executive suite is great for families.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Mary E, Director of Sales at The Chateau Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Thank you for your great review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Please come back and see us.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

We stayed one night over the weekend of September 7th. The lobby was gorgeous and so was the exterior. Very clean and nice staff. The rooms however were terrible. Room was severely outdated. The toilet seat was not the right size. The lights kept flickering and the power went out. It was not an ideal experience. I remember visiting here as a child and it was beautiful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Leslie E

Thank you for your helpful review. We are working on updating our rooms. I hope that you will visit us again.