“Beautiful small town zoo”
Review of Miller Park Zoo

Miller Park Zoo
Ranked #1 of 34 things to do in Bloomington
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had not been to Miller Park Zoo in 15 or 20 years even though my brother lives a block away from it and we decided to take our 5 year old grandson who was visiting from out of town. We were glad we did! I was wowed and amazed at how much the zoo has improved over the years. Many more animals and habitats than in the past and they are all first class layouts. The park is well organized with a good mix of domestic, native, and exotic foreign animals. There also is a nice kids park with water spouts just outside the zoo as well as a putt putt golf coarse for all ages. I was also very impressed with the manicured landscaping with beautiful flowers at every turn.

1  Thank John Z

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Great zoo with lovely grounds. MPZ is small but well-stocked, and has many rare animals due to its active role in the Species Survival Plan breeding program. Keepers are excellent too. A perfect way to spend a couple of hours any time of year!

1  Thank Violetplum23
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I bring my son here all the time. It's a good way to waste a couple hours. Plus, they sometimes have different events (like the zoo spooktacular the Sunday before Halloween). My son's favorite part is the carousel. They also have feedings every day that you can see. For $16, my family of 3 (2 adults, 1 child) has a great time every time we visit the zoo.

1  Thank Kerry L
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

My dad took me and my husband here for my birthday. We love wolves and they have a nice wolf exhibit. All animals in the zoo were active. They had handlers out b that day letting people touch and even hold some of the more exotic animals. Yes it is a smaller zoo but for a smaller zoo they have a wide variety of animals. It is very nicely landscaped. It was a great day getaway. We got some awesome pictures. Worth going to see.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This zoo is a nice asset for the Bloomington community but it is quite small. There aren't a whole lot of exhibits, but it can be something different to do for families looking for something outdoors.

1  Thank TravelFun7