“Best Mexican in Town”

Cuisines: Mexican
Downs, IL
“Best Mexican in Town”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Have been to Herradura on many occasions and has never disappointed. Excellent service and delicious food in a clean, casual environment.

1 Thank cekane89

Bloomington, Illinois
“Better than fiesta ranchera!”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Service is always friendly and attentive. They give two kinds of salsa, both r good. Shrimp fajitas r plentiful, 6 tortillas r given, and there r always leftovers. Boyfriend got the shrimp taco, crab burrito, shrimp crab chimmichanga, spicy but good. Parking sucks there, cuz it is always busy, but there is a reason why they r busy!

1 Thank MegMike
Chicago, Illinois
“Mediocre Mexican”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Herradura is located at the end of a small strip mall, offers ample parking, and is within sight of the Bloomington Country Inn airport location. The restaurant is fairly large but nicely divided into three rooms, each with a combination of table and booth seating. Décor is basic Mexican but pleasant. Unfortunately, our entrees were mediocre at best. The meal began on a high note with warm, greaseless chips and a fresh, tasty salsa placed on our table shortly after we were seated. My wife ordered the quesadillas while I had the pollo mole, which offered a thin-pounded chicken breast, refried beans, a few greens and rice. While the chicken was well cooked with a bit of char flavor, the dish was extremely salty and the mole thin and flavor-less. The quesadillas, served with rice and a few greens were simply adequate. Service, on the other hand, was exceptional. Our waitress was extremely attentive without being obtrusive. Checking on us several times throughout the meal, she was pleasant and never let a water glass go unfilled.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank whasis
Ringgold, Georgia
“Take it from a Texan, this is not bad..”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I have lived in Texas when I was young and being exposed to authentic Tex/Mex food, I was first disappointed with the salsa given at the table, however the chips were thick and had some flavor. The salsa was watery to the point I could not tell I was eating a tomato when I saw it go into my mouth. However I decided to go ahead and order the quesadilla thankfully this menu choice was a good one and made me forget about the salsa. The food came out hot and fresh, the other two folks I had dinner with seemed to enjoy their choices as well especially one of the group that usually doesn't eat at Mexican restaurants. The staff was efficient not very friendly but quick. I have been to a lot better Mexican restaurants in the past but most were in Texas or Arizona; so for not being in one of those states I would rank them above average.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Texmoc
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Above average but not great”
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

For a hole in the wall Mexican restaurant, this place was pretty good. I've had better salsa but the fajitas were good. Service was fine, prices were reasonable.