“I do not think we will stay there again.”

Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
COOKEVILLE
“I do not think we will stay there again.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

The Quality Inn is outdated and in bad need of complete remodeling. Very stained carpeting in the halls and rooms, walls need to be redone and painted. Staff was pleasant. The condition of the hotel is depressing. I cannot imagine why we would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mimsi444

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Clarion, Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

Where do I begin.

I guess first, putting a no smoking sign on the door of a room will not make the smell of smoke go away in the room. The room is clean but very outdated. The bathroom is very small and the free breakfast still isn't worth it. Didn't thing it was very nice to watch one of the staff load up a plate of biscuits and gravy (enough for four people) right in front of me, basically emptying the pan.

I laughed to myself as the desk clerk told a person checking in that no they don't have HD tvs but they are scheduled to be upgraded in December. Does the term lipstick on a pig ring a bell?

It should have told me something when I drove in late at night and the lights on the sign were ALL burnt out.

There are several other hotels with in a stones throw, pick one of them.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank oferiniowa
Mount Vernon, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2011

Thought the name of hotel would fit the quality of hotel. NOT SO!!! Very old and outdated. Room was musty. Bathroom was dirty and moldy.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank chalupa70
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2010

Stayed here for a few days in september for a business trip. I found the place to be clean, quiet and in a nice location. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Housekeeping did their job. I liked the fridge and microwave in the room. They had free high speed wireless internet. They only had basic cable tv but oh well. They had a small workout room with fairly new machines. Being that I was here on business I wasn't interested in the pool or hot tub. I'd stay here again in a snap.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Kevin F
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2010

I will never ever stay here again. My daughter and I stayed in this hotel on my way through Bloomington to New Orleans in September. Thank goodness I only had to spend from midnight to 6am, and fortunately I always travel with my own sleeping gear -sheets, spread,and pillow. After stripping everything off the bed and checking for bugs I used mine and bagged them up before putting them in my car the next morning. I also carry my own towels and bathroom cleaners 9comet and pinesol), in this case I needed to.The towels had urine stains on them and were so used that the linen strings were hanging from them. The carpet was filty-I could not stand to walk on it even with shoes. The bathroom was unsanitary and I had to clean the toilet, bath tub and shower before using either. I was on the lower floor and looked at several rooms before choosing. They were all filty. There is no reason this hotel is still in business. I didn't get much sleep for fear something might crawl up on the bed. I could not wait to get out of the place.
On my way back I used the Comfort Inn near the Airport. What a difference in quality and cleanliness and for almost the same price.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank maverickfour
Dresden, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2010

Hotel met my expectations - easy, quick check-in; rooms were in good condition; pool was dirty, but our kids still had fun. Breakfast was good. - No complaints - would stay again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Ottawa, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2010

I had a short overnight stay at the Quality Inn, and nothing particularly good or bad to report. Staff was friendly. Rooms were clean. I slept in a King Suite (incl sofabed) with three others. The suite was two rooms, and had a lot of room to stretch out. King bed was very comfortable, sofa bed not so much (but pretty normal as far as sofabeds go). Good sized empty minifridge and microwave also included. Room was clean, but the climate control in one room was a awkward to use, and the TV in the other room was a bit fuzzy (whereas the one in the second room was clear). Hotel was fairly full, but had no problems sleeping. Breakfast was standard: pastries, waffles, cereal, etc. The pool is outdoor and the weather was chilly, so didn't pay it a visit. Overall had a pleasant stay and will definitely keep it in mind if I'm in need of accommodations in the area again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business