“Not too much longer....”

Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 25 February 2013

,,,until this place really needs a makeover. The front desk person was extremely friendly, the room itself very clean and spacious and the bed was just fine. It's just everything is 1985, and the carpet is kind of worn, so for a budget place in a good location, this works: but it won't be too much longer before they will have to face redoing the whole building.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kevin F

Reviewed 8 January 2013

Room was okay. Refrigerator had a pretty bad smell, if you open it. Since I had not much use of the Refrigerator, I ignored it. Breakfast Doughnuts stay in the dining area all day long and served again in the morning.
I needed an extra paper plate from the dining area for breakfast. I was told, I am allowed to use one paper plate and it is the hotel's rule. Next morning I decided to take my bagel in my room, again I was informed that guests are not allowed to take breakfast in the room, It is a rule here. When I showed my annoyance, the attendant showed me the rule on the wall. I stay at hotels frequently, and this was the first hotel I stayed in with weird rules of one paper plate per guest and not allowed to take a bagel in the room. I decided to leave. I don't think I am going back at this place. I had read some poor reviews, but I ignored them. Boy, what a mistake that was. If they have rules, I have rules too and number one rule in my book is that if a hotel has rules about paper plates never stay there ever again.
The bad thing is that I doubt that I will ever stay in any other quality inn again.

Room Tip: Check the hotel rules!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
8  Thank hnpasha
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Its a budget hotel, ok rooms and thr location is good.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank LokiMehra
Reviewed 29 December 2011

The Quality Inn is outdated and in bad need of complete remodeling. Very stained carpeting in the halls and rooms, walls need to be redone and painted. Staff was pleasant. The condition of the hotel is depressing. I cannot imagine why we would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mimsi444
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Where do I begin.

I guess first, putting a no smoking sign on the door of a room will not make the smell of smoke go away in the room. The room is clean but very outdated. The bathroom is very small and the free breakfast still isn't worth it. Didn't thing it was very nice to watch one of the staff load up a plate of biscuits and gravy (enough for four people) right in front of me, basically emptying the pan.

I laughed to myself as the desk clerk told a person checking in that no they don't have HD tvs but they are scheduled to be upgraded in December. Does the term lipstick on a pig ring a bell?

It should have told me something when I drove in late at night and the lights on the sign were ALL burnt out.

There are several other hotels with in a stones throw, pick one of them.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank oferiniowa
Reviewed 24 March 2011

Thought the name of hotel would fit the quality of hotel. NOT SO!!! Very old and outdated. Room was musty. Bathroom was dirty and moldy.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank chalupa70
Reviewed 22 September 2010

Stayed here for a few days in september for a business trip. I found the place to be clean, quiet and in a nice location. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Housekeeping did their job. I liked the fridge and microwave in the room. They had free high speed wireless internet. They only had basic cable tv but oh well. They had a small workout room with fairly new machines. Being that I was here on business I wasn't interested in the pool or hot tub. I'd stay here again in a snap.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business