“Nice, quiet hotel”

Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Wauconda, IL
“Nice, quiet hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Used Marriott points for our stay here, and it was a very worthwhile use of my points. Quiet hotel, clean rooms, everything I look for in a hotel. Would both recommend and stay here again. Conveniently located close enough to Illinois State University and there are restaurants and stores nearby.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Pontiac, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

I stayed here for two nights . Have never been disappointed at Fairfield Inns. Breakfast was good . No problems with the wif .Clean room . very nice staff.. Great place to stay . Will keep staying at Fairfields

Room Tip: Make Fairfield your first choice I do
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Ardmore, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

I stayed here after a football game at Notre Dame. The front desk person reserved the room for me at 830 pm and held it for me without a credit card (I was driving and didn't want to pull over to give him my cc number. Also gave me a nice discount simply for asking. I arrived about 11 pm to have my room waiting on me. Great customer service. Very clean and quite room. Spacious room and nice tv Great breakfast. I will likely never travel through this area again but if I did I would stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Northern Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

After 9 hours of travel we found Fairfield easily along the highway. They have a courteous staff. Clean hotel lobby and breakfast area. Except in our room the lamp shade was broken and the shower wall had a large crack in the wall. One wall had stains from some liquid thrown at it. Then I tried signing onto the WiFi. It took forever to first connect. After I connected it took forever to load sites on my browser. I gave up trying to look at my e-mails. Just in case there was something wrong with my laptop I then tried signing on with my smart phone. Same exact problem. Took forever to connect and to load pages in my browser. Then I disconnected the WiFi from my phone and went back to 4G which worked great. Then I tethered my laptop to my phone and everything worked fine. This confirmed their WiFi was way to slow. Okay hotel, terrible WiFI

Room Tip: Easy access from the Highway.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

This hotel does a nice job in a small town. Probably not a mecca for business travelers so the minimalist rooms are ok. I just think someone needs to look at the lighting and furniture that Marriott puts in these rooms. They are really low end. And the horrible fluorescent lightbulbs make you feel like you are in the basement of a hospital. Very sterile and uninviting in the rooms.

Other than that, the staff was VERY nice, the pool is great, workout room is cool, and the lobby and breakfast areas are fantastic.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
STL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

I had trouble finding lower priced rooms (everything was booked for some reason) and fairfield kept coming up with openings. I broke from my norm of being a budget traveler and I ended up getting a room with a hot tub in it. I never worry about anything more than a clean/comfortable room and bed but this time I decided I'd give it a shot. There was plenty of space, even with the king size bed. The hot tub was easy to operate and definitely hot. The hotel has wifi, breakfast, gym, and a pool. I would have no problem staying there again, but I probably wouldn't spend the extra money for the hot tub. Maybe if I were going to spend more time in the room and/or wasn't by myself, it'd be more worth it. For me though, a clean room, comfortable bed, and ability to sleep is all I really need.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

It's a typical Fairfield Inn layout and spotless inside and out. But it's always a disappointment when a hotel does so many things perfectly and misses the only reason anyone goes there -- to get a good night's rest. Great pillows, great linens but a bed that's utterly unyielding. A tiny desk, low-level lighting, and a non-adjusting chair combined with only one plug that you can get to without moving furniture makes it hard to get work done. I can't remember the last time I was in a hotel that made it so hard to charge anything. On the other hand, internet access is fast and painless and the front desk clerk was great.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business