“Cookies for the big game”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Janet's Cakes & Catering
Ranked #2 of 3 Bakeries in Bloomington
Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

Stopped in this week to order thumbprints for the big game on Sunday. The service was excellent as usual. While there I also picked up a couple cookies for an afternoon treat. The cookies are a little pricey. But as the saying goes, you get what you pay for.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

They do a pretty good job with their cakes, but complicated decorations are not their thing. Although our cake did not look like we had hoped, it tasted fantastic! This is not a "restaurant", but a bakery. You have to pick up your cake and take it elsewhere. I highly recommend the lemon cake with lemon icing. It is almost too good to be true!

1  Thank frolic838
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Been using Janet's for my kids' bday parties for about 8 years. About a couple years ago is when I noticed the cakes were not the same as they were previously. Very dry and old tasting, on the verge of leftovers you'd find sitting in your kitchen for a week. Figured I'd try round two and see if this happened to be a rare case. Unfortunately not, This happened to be the same case this last month when I ordered my daughters 8th bday cake. Extremely dry cake and dry frosting, just gross! My kids didn't even want to eat it and used the words "disgusting". When my 8yr old found out where the cake came from, her eXact words... "Dad, didn't you know Janet passed away? Their cakes are bad now!"

My 8yr old couldn't of said it any better, even though that is quite sad to say. Good luck to this bakery, if it can survive. Wal-mart makes better cakes and much cheaper too!

7  Thank Michael D
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My husband got a cake for my son's birthday one year & the whole thing was excellent, but especially their icing is sooooo good! Prices are pretty much what you pay in the big stores, but the icing is better.

1  Thank Jackie G
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Janet's does a nice job decorating and providing a good, fresh tasting cake. We have gotten many cakes for birthdays from here. Never disappointed. They do get busy though and only take so many orders...so phone ahead early.

1  Thank Lipsticklady