“Oh how sweet!”

Add it.
Janet's Cakes & Catering
Ranked #2 of 3 Bakeries in Bloomington
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

My daughter had Janets make their wedding cake 7 years ago. Delicious and beautiful. Whenever I visit, I go into the shop and you can choose from about 8 flavors of cake pieces that are frosted on all sides. I got carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and delicious white with almond frosting. What a great treat!

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

We ordered 60th Anniversary cookies and cakes for this Sunday. We got busy at work and failed to pick the order Saturday so Janet's called mid afternoon with a reminder message. We didn't pick up the message promptly and found ourselves still 30 minutes away when they were only 20 minutes from closing. It was all our fault. 100%. We called and begged them to wait. Although we were irresponsible, they were as nice as could be. A pleasant young lady stayed 20 minutes late for us and was as pleasant and kind as could be. They provided legendary customer service AND the family raved over the cakes and cookies. "The best they ever tasted"
Bottom line: Great place, great service, great products. We will go back....on time next time.

Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

Stopped in this week to order thumbprints for the big game on Sunday. The service was excellent as usual. While there I also picked up a couple cookies for an afternoon treat. The cookies are a little pricey. But as the saying goes, you get what you pay for.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

They do a pretty good job with their cakes, but complicated decorations are not their thing. Although our cake did not look like we had hoped, it tasted fantastic! This is not a "restaurant", but a bakery. You have to pick up your cake and take it elsewhere. I highly recommend the lemon cake with lemon icing. It is almost too good to be true!

1  Thank Helen A
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Been using Janet's for my kids' bday parties for about 8 years. About a couple years ago is when I noticed the cakes were not the same as they were previously. Very dry and old tasting, on the verge of leftovers you'd find sitting in your kitchen for a week. Figured I'd try round two and see if this happened to be a rare case. Unfortunately not, This happened to be the same case this last month when I ordered my daughters 8th bday cake. Extremely dry cake and dry frosting, just gross! My kids didn't even want to eat it and used the words "disgusting". When my 8yr old found out where the cake came from, her eXact words... "Dad, didn't you know Janet passed away? Their cakes are bad now!"

My 8yr old couldn't of said it any better, even though that is quite sad to say. Good luck to this bakery, if it can survive. Wal-mart makes better cakes and much cheaper too!

7  Thank Michael D