“were here twice in one day”
Review of Steak 'n Shake

Steak 'n Shake
Ranked #27 of 263 Restaurants in Bloomington
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 5 May 2014

we had lunch here and everything was good , had a fun server and the price was hard to beat..at 11PM we wanted a bite after being at an even with just a snack that evening so we stopped here again..I had a BLT & my wife had a grilled Cheese..both were good and fast but the waitress acted like she just didn't have time for us..I would have given the last star if the server had been better.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

My family and I went to enjoy a nice small meal, and some dessert, at the same place. We were not disappointed. The service was good, and the atmosphere was average. It is nice to go to a place that has both, nice customer service, but also has a nice little place for customers to eat, and spend family time together, and enjoy themselves.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Great, extremely reasonable family restaurant. Sandwiches, salads, milk shakes, etc, etc. around for a long time - went there as a child (60+ years ago) and quality remains the same.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

I like the thin fries, burgers are okay. It is open late and service was quite quick. The food is cheap and hit the spot after a long day of travel on the interstate. Plenty of shake selections and the shakes are terrific.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Don't order a taco salad if you are actually wishing to partake of such. This is the first time in my travels that a taco salad was offered but without taco sauce. The salad comes with ranch dressing instead. Additionally, the taco meat was totally flavorless. It was as if the meat had been cooked without any seasoning. To top it off I seriously doubt that there was more than 2 tablespoons of taco meat on my salad.
The service was good but I definitely cannot recommend a taco salad that is nothing more than a lettuce salad with chopped tomatoes with ranch dressing.

5  Thank TravelBoy8491