“Immaculately clean rooms and well maintained property”

Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
“Immaculately clean rooms and well maintained property”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Just wanted to give a positive review of Easland Suites Hotel & Conference Center. I stayed there in March 2012 and was surprised how clean and tidy the room was. The rooms were freshly remodeled and super-clean. Even that area between the headboard and the head of the bed was clean.

My room had 3 rooms (a kitchen-suite) and the bedroom could be 'locked' from the other rooms.

Location is good, but the exercise room was a real disappointment. I think there was a bike there and a couple dumbbells. There is a pool and exercise buffs note there is a bikepath about a mile away.

Bloomington, IL also seemed to be a very nice town. Enjoy your stay (I enjoyed mine! )

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Michigan
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Accomodations were arranged through the company I work for to stay at this property on a 3 night/4 day business trip. I was sharing a room with a friend and colleague. We had been promised a loft suite but learned on arrival that instead we were sharing a basic hotel room with two double beds. This space was very small for two people sharing space for 3 nights/4 days. Closet was too small for all our hanging garments, insufficient power outlets for all our electronics and floor space was tight. Our first morning in this room, my roommate learned the hard way that there was no hot water for her shower. When we contacted the front desk about our concerns, they let us now that they would have to get approval from our company contact to move us (which they did), and we were moved to the loft suite we thought we were getting to begin with. This suite was a "180" from the small room we started out in. Full kitchen, living area with fireplace (that we used), 2 bedrooms (one in a loft) with king size beds and full bathrooms for each. The staff at Eastland Suites is super friendly and eager to please. We were a very large group and I'm sure there were other "demands" by our colleagues that kept them hopping. The property is very clean and well maintened. Adequate/typical continental breakfast fare provided. The conference center was quite spacious and comfortable. Catered meal provided by the property one evening was adequate but nothing special. Should I ever have occasion to visit Bloomington again, I would definitely stay at this property.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Saint Louis MO
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We stayed in Building 9, in a standard room (not a suite). It's possible the suites are nicer, so keep that in mind.

Our bottom floor room felt muggy, and the carpet felt sticky when walking in bare feet. The window unit air conditioner was quite loud, but helped masked some of the noise coming from a neighboring room. The walls are paper thin, and as luck would have it, our neighbors stayed up talking and laughing until 4AM. For some reason, it's even worse in the bathroom - you could probably participate in your neighbors conversation if so inclined. I would not stay here again because of the potential for disturbed sleep.

On the plus side - the front desk staff were courteous and very helpful. Kudos to them.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Longwood, Florida, United States
Reviewed 19 March 2012

First off, my wife has always been difficult when it comes to picking a hotel because she has problems with dirty stuff and we can't afford to stay at a five star hotel every time we travel. I spend hours researching reviews from multiple sources to avoid any unpleasant experiences. I hate having to complain about things and moving rooms is such a pain if there are even other rooms available.

After reading such great reviews for this hotel, I figured we had scored a great place even though the price was steep. I'd rather pay extra for the peace of not having to ask for clean sheets or new towels. I only wish this visit was that easy. As I write this, my wife and I have decided to end our two night stay after the first night. My wife refuses to sit anywhere other than the executive chair in the room by the desk.

It started out by my wife finding the downstairs bathroom had hairs in the tub. After checking the sheets, she found some stains on the comforter and another hair or two on the pillows. We decided we'd complain in the morning but just use the loft bed and bathroom for the night as we were dead tired and looking forward to a good nights sleep. As I'm showering, I notice these large round blackish spots on the shower curtain (half dollar sized). I'm not squeamish about that stuff so I finished m shower and told my wife I'd wipe the hairs out of the downstairs shower as she probably did not want to use the upstairs one. That's when I saw the mildew underneath the faucet handle. We called the front desk and complained. They seemed to be very responsive and offere to switch our rooms, but we said a new shower curtain for the loft shower would hopefully be enough. We were told it would be ten minutes, and got the new shower curtain an hour later.

So far we were only offered thirty dollars off each nights fee.

That's when things got really bad. My wife goes to grab a towel for her shower and the entire shelf they are on is covered in rust. She looks around and pretty much every metal surface in the room is rusting. The exhaust fans in the bathrooms in addition to rust looked to have black mold on them.

I really hope the manager does the right thing and reimburses us completely because I expect more from a crappy hotel. To get this from something rated 4.5 on trip advisor was very frustrating. Iwill never stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Joseph R
ESuites, General Manager at Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Dear Joseph R.

We would like to send our sincerest apologies to you and your wife. We take pride in customer satisfaction and want to make sure all of our guests leave 100% satisfied with their experience. I do realize that this posting was put up before we had a chance to talk with you about your concerns and try to make things right. After speaking with you this morning, I certainly understand why you and your wife were unhappy. I hope by issuing a full refund to you helped to alleviate some of your concern. Our management staff has spoken with our housekeeping and maintenance departments to insure that all of our rooms are being kept up to our high standards. I do apologize that the issues in your suite were not noticed and fixed before you arrived. Here at Eastland Suites, our guests are always our number one concern and making sure that they are happy is why we are in business. Please know that your experience this time is not normally the way guests experience our hotel, as posted by many other reviewers. We are doing everything possible to insure that someone else will not share in the same experience as you and your wife had. Thank you.
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed 20 February 2012

The room itself was great-clean, comfortable, and had a fireplace. The walls were soooo thin though. There were a few kids staying in the suite above and we could hear every step, and with the kids there were lots of them. I could also hear the neighbors using the restroom, and not just the flushing noises. The free happy hour and breakfast sound great, but the quality of the products were not that great. But it was free so I can deal with that. My problem with these two things is the room they have for it is pretty small and just could not accommodate the people that were there. I did not use the pool, but it looked quite small and full of children running around while I was there.
The bed was really comfortable. The fireplace was great. Our room had a wood-burning fireplace but there were no matches to be found anywhere in the room. As we aren't smokers, we didn't have lighters either. But a call to the front desk got us matches within about 10 minutes or so.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Calgary
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Stayed there for an evening on a business trip. The room was clean, comfortable and large enough: full kitchen, den-like living room/bedroom, and large washroom. The suites are situated in clusters of four - almost like separate fourplexes - which is unique (an issue if prefer you hotel your rooms in a single building). The staff were friendly.

The only issue was thin walls. Could quite clearly hear the individual below me while he was talking on the phone.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank emehrer
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I was traveling to Chicago from the St Louis area and decided to stay because the roads were getting very bad. I was able to get a room for $89 on a Winter Gate-a-way special. The room is a studio style efficiency with a full kitchen, a living room area with a fireplace, desk area, king size (very comfy) bed, and of course a bathroom. There was a complimentary fire log in the room to use and additional logs available to be purchased at the front desk. I couldn't make it home that evening, but this was a great place to rest for the evening. The next morning there was a complimentary breakfast that was very complete. They had everything from cereal to waffles, pre-made omelets and breakfast meats to yogurt and fresh fruit. I can’t imagine the other hotels I called which were $40 more provided such a comfortable environment. Although I didn’t take advantage of these features I do know there is a complimentary happy hour and limo service. (It’s a real limo, not a van!).

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo