“Outstanding Stay”

Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Eureka Springs
“Outstanding Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

My 3 siblings and I were at this hotel for 8 days due to the heart attack and subsequent death of our youngest brother, who was a minister in Bloomington. It was an extremely stressful time for all of us. The staff at the hotel could not possibly have been any nicer to us, and the service was exceptional.

Kudos to Josh, who helped us out so many times with different ideas and suggestions. It seemed like he was always there for us! Because of the circumstances, while we tried not to be, we were possibly more demanding than normal business guests. However, whatever we asked for or about, Josh and others were there to help us. Need a late cleaning? No problem. Out of my favorite kind of tea? Couldn't hurry any faster to provide it! Requested a special newspaper delivery of 20 copies . . . they were delivered to the hotel, and were in my room when I returned from (?) somewhere, even though I'd forgotten to tell the hotel about them.

This hotel delivers first rate service and quality. The rooms were fine, the breakfast was delicious, and the service was absolutely unbeatable.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Palatine, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

We were in town for a baseball tournament and this hotel ended up being convenient to our fields. However, it was in a very strange location, on a frontage road, in between some weird businesses and some apartments. The hotel could use a good scrubbing all over. The rooms were average but surprisingly the beds were pretty comfortable. It served it's purpose but I would not return to this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

The bathroom had mold, the freezer hard mold in the ice tray along with an object embedded in the ice which Josh removed from the freezer. The room was outdated and the walls were peeling. The AC did not work. The beds squeaked all night and I was overcharged for the room. $122!! But all others were booked. The pool looked nice but we didn't get a chance to use it(too cool out) I was not offered another room just an apology and not even a discount. Very dissatisfied.

• Stayed July 2013
Dayton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

Overall nice hotel, a few area's smelled a little smokey, but I think it was from people smoking outside by air conditioner and being pulled in. Air conditioner in room hard to control temperature, and never really got cold even when set on high cold. Bed was comfortable, breakfast was good, the strawberry toppings and whip cream were nice ontop of fresh waffels! Staff was nice and kept area clean and stocked. Even with several boys and girls basketball teams staying in hotel I was able to get good night sleep with little noise from hallway. Close to resturants, gas, mall, and schools.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

West Central Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

I will start with the outstanding. The employees are amazing at this hotel. The check in and check out was a good experience and staff was always friendly. At midnight, after I decided the AC was not going to actually cool my room, the desk person offered to move me. I asked if they had a fan and she brought one to my room which made the room bearable. The same woman, seven hours later at breakfast, still had a smile on her face and was very welcoming. When I asked for extra towels, they were also delivered quickly.

Now for the just good. The breakfast is continental and good but there is a lot of space so you can always get to the items.

The pool (an outdoor pool) is great.

There are a fair number of television channels.

The bad has to be that the rooms are old and very worn. They desperately need to upgrade the rooms including the beds, especially the pillows.

Although the area (of town) seems bad, it is actually a fine location. It is close to the mall and several places to shop and eat, as well as being located near the university and airport. I have never felt unsafe in any of the hotels in Bloomington or Normal.

Also on the bad side would be the entryway between the bathroom and the rest of the space where I stepped on a nail and still have a hole in my foot. This has happened at more than one hotel and is an area hotels need to be aware of. (And maybe I should learn to step over the area, but it should be free of nails.)

The ugly? The wallpaper was coming off of the wall near the window. Not just a little bit but the length of the wall and pulled back at least 8-10 inches in some spaces. The back of the wallpaper was black (mold?) and just looked bad.

The rooms are spacey and have a refrigerator and microwave which are always nice to have. All common areas are nice.

With the staff at this hotel, there is a lot of potential to remodel and have one of the best spaces in town.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business