“We had a nice stay.”

Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Pekin, IL
“We had a nice stay.”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The hotel was the location of a wedding reception and we stayed as guests in a block of rooms. Most of the staff were kind and attentive. My husband checked in, so I didn't experience first-hand the grumpy person who did the room check-in. The facility seemed to be a little worn - so most our cons had to do with things like - the whirlpool was not in service, the sliding mirrored doors in our room needed to be replaced or fixed as they were difficult to slide, a hangar we tried to use to hang some pants was broken, and the TV on the treadmill didn't work - good thing I had my MP3 with me. Also, the hallway was very cool - cold air was blasting out and this was in early November. The room seemed a little small, but we had to have a roll-away bed for our 10-year-old. The walls/floor seemed very thin - you could hear people using the restroom overhead. The pros were: we appreciated the cookies at check-in, free wi-fi, and elevators were fast. As far as the wedding reception it was awesome - great ballroom and staff - who were super attentive - and the food was excellent. For breakfast, on Sunday morning we were extremely impressed . . . it was very good. Loved the omelet station. We did not use the pool, but it looked OK - too bad about the whirlpool. Overall cleanliness was OK, everything just seemed a little used.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
DTBHGM1, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington, responded to this review, 14 November 2012
We appreciate your repsonse on Trip Advisor and apologize for the areas of Con's. We strive to make our hotel a home away from home but see we have work to do. We did have some unexpected damage to our hot tub and felt it safer to shut down and fix immediately. I have addressed your issues with our department managers and can assure you that your findings was not the norm but the exception.

Again, thank you and we hope to see you again,

Rodney Brittain

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Shobonier, IL
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Warm cookies, free water for being a HHonors member, attentive without pushy staff, this hotel is wonderful! If you do not like down feathered pillows, I suggest requesting foam pillows ahead of time. The staff is willing to accommodate you and will have them in your room upon arrival if notified prior to check-in.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Whosis21
Who Is 21,
Thank you so much for your thoughts. We are happy that you found our staff to be so accommodating. I hope that when travel brings you to Central Illinois again, that you will once again make Doubletree by Hilton your home.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I stayed at the Doubletree because I was in Bloomington for business. Overall I had a good stay there. The room was clean. I couldn't get the WiFi to work on my tablet, but I also didn't try very hard. Also, the hotel doesn't have a continental breakfast, but there is a Panera practically in the same parking lot. Because the many of the Illinois state events happen in Bloomington, you always run the risk of there being lots of children in the hotel. During my stay there was, and the children seemed to be playing some kind of chase game. They were running up and down the hallway until about 10pm. After that, things were quiet.

Overall the hotel was nice. Because I booked close to the time I stayed there, I paid quite a lot for the room. I think that without the breakfast, it was too much. I'm not sure what their normal rate is. If it were cheaper, I'd stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
DTBHGM1, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington, responded to this review, 31 December 2012
TripleA917,
I am sorry to hear your experience with us was not all positive. I would like to let you know that since your stay with us we have upgraded our wifi in the hotel to better suit the needs of our business travelers and guests overall. I would like to apologize for the amount of noise you heard outside your room. That has been addressed and I can assure you that better measures will be taken to maintain the noise when we have larger groups in house. I do hope when you find yourself in the Bloomington area again that you choose to stay with us. Thank you again for your time and review.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Was there for a business meeting. The hotel staff was very courteous--always asking if I needed anything. My room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast service was great. Banquest food not so good, but everything else made up for that.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Kirke M.
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased to see that your experience was a positve one. I am sorry to hear that our food in the meeting area was not to your liking. We always try our best to exceed our guests expectations and I am glad to see that we did for you in most of our areas. We hope to see you in the future.

Delafield, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 October 2012

This is a great hotel to stay and the staff was absolutely wonderful. The room was very clean and the beds were so comfortable. All of us had a great time there. It is easy to find and close to everything. We will definitely go back there.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
DTBHGM1, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
We were happy to see your delight with The Doubletree by Hilton. I hope that when travel brings you back to Bloomington, you will once again call Doubletree your home away from home.

Quincy, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I would not look for another place to stay. A good night sleep is important to me. This hotel offers high quality beds. I have no complaints.The breakfast was nice. Fullfilling and everything you would want.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Peg123,
You are so right. Sleep is the essential! We are glad you received a great nights sleep on our "Sweet Dream" bedding. They are so very comfortable, that most of us all have purchased these same beds for our homes. We hope to see you again in Bloomington!!!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I was there for a business conference (hotel sold out and I stayed elsewhere). I was in this hotel 2 full days eating and meeting. they were aok with staff wanting to do the right thing. Chicken sandwiches 2 days in a row, not ideal.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Pad B,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience. We are sorry you were unable to stay but hope that you will try us in the future. As for the meals, unfortunately we do not choose the meals for the group meeting planner but highly suggest changing up menu items when meeting more than one day. Hope to see you again.