Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Residence Inn Bloomington(Bloomington)
View Hotel
All reviewsdouble treecookiesomelet baromelet stationtgi fridayspresidential suitepanera breadgreat hotelbreakfast buffetbusiness tripthe hotel staffwedding receptionin townthe staff was greatstate farmparking lotconference center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I was not over whelmed by the facilities - but they were more than adequate. The bed and bedding were very clean and comfortable. The staff was extremely accommodating, gracious and professional. I didn't mind paying $10 for internet, but in today's environment, the $10 should have covered my week end stay - not just 24 hours to the minute.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DTBHGM1, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Linda C,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your stay was just so-so. We strive to make sure each guest experience is one to remember and I am sorry we missed the mark with you. I hope we can see you again in the future and to next time really WOW you. Thank you again and take care.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is a very nice hotel. I attended a seminar here, and I found the staff most accommodating. It was the very first time a hotel desk clerk asked me what floor I wanted. The rooms were clean, and had all amenities, refrigerator, microwave, etc. Plenty of free parking. The hotel was easy to find, and easy access to the main street. My only complaint is they charge for in room Wi-Fi. In this day and age, they are one of the few chains that charge a fee. While it is free in the lobby, that does little good for those who want to work in a quiet room. Even many budget hotels are now providing free Wi-Fi. Based on the price of the room, this should be included.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Craig B,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am happy you enjoyed yourself and got to experience how truly wonderful our staff is. As far as the internet, we recently surveyed our guests and found that people would prefer to pay for a hihger speed WiFi then to have free access. We apologize this was an inconveniece during your stay. I hope we can see you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

This is simply one of the nicest DoubleTrees ever!!! The staff was very attentive and pleasant. (And by pleasant, I mean friendly and personable, not the deadpan faces I usually see at hotels.) Here's a travel tip you won't find on their webpage: The food at breakfast, especially the cooked to order omelet was delicious. AND the drinks at the bar in the lobby were well made and extremely reasonably priced. ($4.00 for a BIG high-end martini, they have a "signature" one made with Chambord that is outstanding.)Once in a while you come across a place that is really the value that they claim it is...this one is even more so. Stay there, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Darlene R

Dear Darlene R,

Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us. I am so happy to see you truly enjoyed your stay while in Bloomington. We pride ourselves on our wonderful staff and service and I am glad you were able to enjoy this first hand. We hope to see you again in the future. Thank you again and take care.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

This hotel had a lot of people staying there due to the Allstate Insurance Company using the conference rooms. Therefore there was a high turnover and the hotel staff could care less if you were happy or not. They are always full. They also need to reinvest into the hotel. Old and starting to get rundown.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Corey P

Dear Corey P,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I would like to apologize for you feeling as though our staff does not care about our guests. We strive each day to make sure our guests are happy and feel as though they are at home. I can assure you I will be looking further into this situation. I want to again apologize and I hope we can see you back in the future and show you how we do truly care for every guest that walks through our doors. Take care.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

The front desk staff (Danni, Paul, James, Jennifer [night shift], Tren [night shift]), Katrina (bar), Nancy (food) go out of their way to accommodate me....and always do it with a great attitude! they strive to make it a home away from home.

• Stayed: October 2013
DTBHGM1, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Cesar O,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am so happy to hear you truly enjoy your time with us. We have such a wonderful staff that make being the best possible. We enjoy very much having you as our guest. I hope we continue seeing you and you continue to feel as though this is your home away from home. Thank you again.