“Great Hotel for a potential to be a 3 1/2 star”

Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Los Angeles, California
“Great Hotel for a potential to be a 3 1/2 star”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I like this hotel! Doubletree is my second best favorite in the area. There is only 3 great hotel in Bloomington-IL many are on motel line...

if wasn't for the bad working condition of the Gym I'd give a 3 1/2 star on this one. the Lobby and room looks nice and welcome.

internet is not complimentary $10 per day, GYM area has no air, I don't saw any A/C or ventilation there I couldn't stand more than 5 min there, very humid for to be close the heated pool and no air.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
DTBHGM1, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear SOUSAtravels,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am happy to hear that overall you did enjoy your time with us. I will look further into the issues you ran into while using our workout facility. We want to make sure every guest experience is one to remember. Thank you again and we hope to see you see you in the future.

Rodney Brittain

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Front desk help was awesome. Very friendly. Very attentive to my needs. Only reason it's only 4 stars is that wifi said it was free but was only free in business center. Still cost $9.95 in room. Just a minor thing. Room was awesome. Very clean and comfortable.

Stayed November 2013
Dear Longjcca,

Thank you for your review. I am happy you enjoyed your stay overall. We recently polled our guests and they said they would prefer a high speed WiFi even if it meant having to pay for it. I so however apologize that this was an inconvenience for you during your stay. We never want to make a guest's experience anything less that perfect. I hope that we do have you as a guest again in the future. Thank you again.

pontiac, United States
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I called the hotel itself to book my reservations and she was able to answer every questions. Everyone we had interaction with was very professional AND friendly!! The room was great and didnt have a smell. Not at this visit but I have used the bar in the past is a quiet place to sit and visit and the bartender was excellent and knew how to make several drinks. The TGIF hooked to the hotel is a tad expensive and average, but nice having it right there.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Katrina L,

Thank you for all your kind words. We are luck enough to have a wonderful staff that truly care for our guests. We want to make every expereince a wonderful one and I am so glad to see you were no different. I hope that the next time your in town you will stay with us again. Thank you and take care.

General Manger
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Room is typical . The pool area is very nice. Athough the view from my room is Friday's dinning room. And wifi doesn't work in the room. But good hotel great staff. Get a great free breakfast and again can't say enough about the staff.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear George R,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am happy that you enjoyed your time while in Bloomington. We have a wonderful staff here and I am so glad you were able to experience that. I am sorry to hear the internet was not working in your room, I can assure you that I will look further into this as we want to make sure our guests are always taken care of. Thank you again and we hope to see you again.

Lawrence, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I was not over whelmed by the facilities - but they were more than adequate. The bed and bedding were very clean and comfortable. The staff was extremely accommodating, gracious and professional. I didn't mind paying $10 for internet, but in today's environment, the $10 should have covered my week end stay - not just 24 hours to the minute.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Linda C,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your stay was just so-so. We strive to make sure each guest experience is one to remember and I am sorry we missed the mark with you. I hope we can see you again in the future and to next time really WOW you. Thank you again and take care.

Westchester, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is a very nice hotel. I attended a seminar here, and I found the staff most accommodating. It was the very first time a hotel desk clerk asked me what floor I wanted. The rooms were clean, and had all amenities, refrigerator, microwave, etc. Plenty of free parking. The hotel was easy to find, and easy access to the main street. My only complaint is they charge for in room Wi-Fi. In this day and age, they are one of the few chains that charge a fee. While it is free in the lobby, that does little good for those who want to work in a quiet room. Even many budget hotels are now providing free Wi-Fi. Based on the price of the room, this should be included.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Craig B,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am happy you enjoyed yourself and got to experience how truly wonderful our staff is. As far as the internet, we recently surveyed our guests and found that people would prefer to pay for a hihger speed WiFi then to have free access. We apologize this was an inconveniece during your stay. I hope we can see you again in the future.

Essexville, United States
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This is simply one of the nicest DoubleTrees ever!!! The staff was very attentive and pleasant. (And by pleasant, I mean friendly and personable, not the deadpan faces I usually see at hotels.) Here's a travel tip you won't find on their webpage: The food at breakfast, especially the cooked to order omelet was delicious. AND the drinks at the bar in the lobby were well made and extremely reasonably priced. ($4.00 for a BIG high-end martini, they have a "signature" one made with Chambord that is outstanding.)Once in a while you come across a place that is really the value that they claim it is...this one is even more so. Stay there, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Darlene R
Dear Darlene R,

Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us. I am so happy to see you truly enjoyed your stay while in Bloomington. We pride ourselves on our wonderful staff and service and I am glad you were able to enjoy this first hand. We hope to see you again in the future. Thank you again and take care.