“overnight get a way!!”

Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We had a wonderful time in the penthouse suite. Enjoyed the fireplace in the living room and bedroom. The whirlpool was excellent. Had a good overnight stay. Staff surprised me with cheesecake to celebrate my birthday.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DTBHGM1, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Judy K,

Thank you for your review of your stay. We are so pleased to hear about your wodnderful time while here in Bloomington. We pride ourselves on our wonderful staff and I am pleased you were able to experience that first hand. We are overjoyed when we get to experience a special event with our guests, such as a birthday. We hope you had a wonderful birthday and we hope to have you back as our guest again. Thank you again and take care.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Overall a very clean friendly hotel with great ammenities. The bed was extreamly comfortable as well was the rest of the room. I would suggest double checking up front if you book a room based on a special amenity. I picked a room that was supposed to have a large shower with two shower heads and a hot tub. The room did have a great hot tub but a very small shower.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear David W,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. We appreciate the feedback as it helps us to become the best hotel we can be. We strive each and every day to make sure each guest leaves with a memorable experience, and I am happy to see you were able to enjoy your time with us. Thank you again and take care.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Super impressed with the staff @ Double Tree. I was traveling alone, had spent 2 evenings at the hotel due to horrible weather- the highways were completely shut down. Once I decided to leave the hotel, approximately 3 hours later I did receive a call from the front desk associate making sure I had arrived to my designation safely! That is customer service!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sheila B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I was so impressed when reading this. This is truly what our DoubleTree culture is all about. We strive to create a memorable experience for every guest that walks in and out of our doors. I am happy to see you were able to experience our wonderful staff first hand. We have already talked with the agent that was working that day and applauded him on his amazing customer service. Thank you again for sharing your story with us. We hope to see you agian in the future. Take care.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

We were traveling to Ohio from Omaha. This was a nice place to stay over! Was able to get the rest we needed in a nice, clean and quiet hotel. Would recommend. Staff was friendly. Hotel was very comfortable. NO complaints here and I travel a great deal.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DTBHGM1, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear MEDBC17,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your time with us. We strive to make each experience one to remember. I hope we can have you back as our guests in the future. Thank you again and take care.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I normally stay exclusively at a Hilton property. The DoubleTree has an excellent breakfast and the wait staff is outstanding. However, because the hotel is always full, they staff does not need to extend any courtesy to the guests. I even went so far as to ask what value it is to be a Diamond member and I was greeted with a blank stare!!! My hope is that when their captive business relationship ends, they will be reminded of what they have to do to succeed in business!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Thank Jack D. C
DTBHGM1, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Jack D. C,

I would like to start by thanking you for your feedback. I do apologize for the experience you had during your stay at our hotel. I assure you we do value our guests, each and every one of them and I am sorry you did not feel this way. We are all do mistakes, but I hope this will be a learning experience for our front desk staff and to helps to ensure that every guest walking through our doors feels valued. Thank you again.

General Manger

Reviewed 14 December 2013

The Doubletree in Bloomington is a good hotel on many levels. First of all Bloomington is a small city or a big town depending on how you look at it, this hotel offers everything you need and possibly more then expected. As I was staying alone and on a little business trip the TGI Fridays located in the hotel is a bonus. If a resturant/bar is not your thing there is a Panera next door. The hotel provides a morning newspaper and a breakfast in a small room off the lobby. Not as nice as an Embassy Suites but it's nice to have an omlete stand even in a room a little too small for how many people showed. My stay was limited to sleeping and eating but this hotel was exactly what I wanted.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JoeyMtravels

Dear joeymichalec.

Thank you for your review. I am happy to see you truly enjoed your time with us. We want to make sure every guest leaves our hotel 100% happy with their stay and it looks as though we were able to do just that for you. Thank you again and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Excellent service throughout. Front desk staff extremely friendly, polite, and helpful. Lobby and rooms were spotless and very comfortable. Outstanding breakfast and omelette bar. Conveniently situated next to a TGIF and Panera. Minutes away from shopping, ISU, and IWU.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Bruce G,

I would like to start by thanking you for your review. I am pleased to see you were able to experience first hand the wonderful staff we are lucky enough to have. We strive to make our hotel a home away from home for our guests and to make every experience a memorable one. Thank you again and we hope to see you again.