Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington
Very Good 4/5
Great 4.5/5
Very Good 4/5
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsdouble treecookiesomelet baromelet stationtgi fridayspresidential suitepanera breadgreat hotelbreakfast buffetbusiness tripthe hotel staffwedding receptionin townthe staff was greatstate farmparking lotconference center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Very nice hotel with clean rooms and a friendly staff. The central open air courtyard made a nice place to go in the evening and relax. The business meeting room was nice and had very good service. The hotel is located close to many nice restaurants and several golf courses are close by.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I was attending for a conference, and never received one of the items FedEx'd to me that had been signed by their front staff. I waited for the entire 4 day conference getting a "we're still looking for it" response with excuses as to why they put it in a public area instead of holding it for me. As I was leaving, they "looked again" and told me they'd call me if they found it. We are attempting to get reimbursement because we received no further contact from them.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DTBHGM1, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I’m very sorry for the issues with your mail and for the inconvenience you experienced. I’m actively working with our front desk team to ensure this situation doesn’t happen again. I appreciate you alerting us to this issue and we hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.
Thank You for your assistance.

Rodney M. Brittain

Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel was unprepared to accommodate a high volume of visitors despite having several months' advance notice of the visit. Additionally, one month prior and one week prior to my visit, an employee stated that an early check-in would be accommodated at an hour's notice. With one month, one week, and two hours' notices, the hotel had neither my room nor the rooms of 5 other guests prepared for early check-in. Lastly, the room's bathroom was not equipped with an adequate amount of towels or tissue.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2014

When we arrived at the hotel, just after check-in time, we were informed that the hotel had been sold out the night before and rooms were not yet ready. We were told it would be "a few minutes". We told the front desk staff that we were traveling with an infant, and requested the first room available. They assured us we would be the first to receive our room, then invited us to leave the line and sit in the lobby. 1 hour and 15 minutes later, we were finally given the keys to our room. To add insult to injury, later that night we were asked to again provide our credit card information because "it had been lost." We were offered nothing in exchange for the major inconveniences. We understand that these things happen, but you need to have the customer service to make up for it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DTBHGM1, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2014

Tera D.
Thank you for your comments. We have used your comments and taken them for training with our staff. We apologize for you wait in the morning and know that sometimes we would be unable to accommodate the early arrival but how we handled this in disturbing. Thank you for taking the time and know that your comments is taken serious and used to improve.

Rodney Brittain

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Overall, not the level of service and quality I've seen in most DoubleTree properties. Staff forgot about my pre-arrival crib request and wasn't promising in resolving it. Room just seemed dated for it's age. Event staff under-performed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family