“Solid Place - great setup”

Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Went for 3 days for a conference. The conference rooms were very well set-up and the catering was above average. Very friendly staff. rooms were great very clean, keys stopped working often. Nice cookie touch always

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The staff at this hotel are wonderful---from the front desk personnel to the caring and personable people who serve breakfast, to the professional and personable cleaning staff. I'd rank this hotel in the top 10%!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed three nights in this hotel, and we really enjoyed it. The staff in different areas (front desk, housekeeping, restaurant) were all friendly and truly helpful. Keep in mind that this is not a 5 star hotel. Still, this was a great hotel for the value.

It's very clean. By this I mean, the perimeter of the hotel, the lobby, elevators, hallways, rooms and bathrooms were all clean. I never saw a mess or a dirty spot anywhere in the building. A++. So if cleanliness is an issue, keep this in mind.

Room size is fine. There are just two minor issues: First, the desk and chair location were a bit awkward placed close to the bed in our double bedded room (all that's needed is a chair with armrests that slides fully under the desk, and that would have relieved the cramped feeling). Second, the gap between the door opening and the door jam seemed a bit excessive. This opening allowed a fair amount of the hallway light and sound into the room. The hallway noise was not an issue for me, but the 'nightlight' effect of the hallway light coming into the room was a problem for me (I like to sleep in rooms that are very dark). So, depending on whether you like nightlights or not, or how noisy a room can get, keep this in mind.

Breakfast was fresh and plentiful, never stale. And the hotel courtyard was a great place to meet others in our group and chat for a while. Overall, this was an excellent hotel.

Room Tip: If you need a quiet room, ask for one near the end of a hallway, but away from the ice machines, to...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Location was ideal for get together, family gathering. Room conditions excellent, very pristine. All Staff to be commended. Breakfast buffet had a variety for all and qualify of food was excellent. By the 2nd day the breakfast buffet staff called you by name, were thorough, friendly and very helpful. What can I say, makes me want to go back and just stay there for no particular reason. I highly recommend this particular DoubleTree Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Very nice hotel with clean rooms and a friendly staff. The central open air courtyard made a nice place to go in the evening and relax. The business meeting room was nice and had very good service. The hotel is located close to many nice restaurants and several golf courses are close by.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I was attending for a conference, and never received one of the items FedEx'd to me that had been signed by their front staff. I waited for the entire 4 day conference getting a "we're still looking for it" response with excuses as to why they put it in a public area instead of holding it for me. As I was leaving, they "looked again" and told me they'd call me if they found it. We are attempting to get reimbursement because we received no further contact from them.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DTBHGM1, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I’m very sorry for the issues with your mail and for the inconvenience you experienced. I’m actively working with our front desk team to ensure this situation doesn’t happen again. I appreciate you alerting us to this issue and we hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.
Thank You for your assistance.

Rodney M. Brittain

Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel was unprepared to accommodate a high volume of visitors despite having several months' advance notice of the visit. Additionally, one month prior and one week prior to my visit, an employee stated that an early check-in would be accommodated at an hour's notice. With one month, one week, and two hours' notices, the hotel had neither my room nor the rooms of 5 other guests prepared for early check-in. Lastly, the room's bathroom was not equipped with an adequate amount of towels or tissue.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends