“Great Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Bolivia, NC, United States
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Extremely satisfied starting with helping me unload my car and bring it to my room. Great room - quiet - good sleeping conditions. Restaurant was excellent - service was very good and staff excellent. The only area which needs improvement was the housekeeping dept. One day housekeeping completely missed my room. Another day the maids made my bed but missed the towels and the garbage. Also, one evening I was attmpting to enter a rear door with my room key card. It would not open. I walked around to the front of the hotel where the front desk explained that they shut off room keys for security reasons. The next day Ispoke to the General Mgr. who said that was a absolute LIE. While he did apologize, I really do not like being lied to! However, I WOULD STILL RATE THIS HOTEL AS EXCELLENT.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Customer service at the front desk was top notch. One of the best experiences I've had at any hotel. Breakfast was excellent, not the warmed over rolls. You will not be disappointed in this Excellent hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank 758rickb
Round Lake, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I wanted to let you know that I love this hotel. The atmosphere and ambiance is such that you don't feel even slightly like your in the middle of shops, restaurants and less that 300 yards from Veterans Hwy. Nice job DTree. I had the best experience!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Virden, United States
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This DoubleTree is one great place to stay. Staff is wonderful. The rooms are CLEAN and smell great and so near to restaurants and shopping. And for the quality the price is great. We were very satisfied with everything. Staying here again when we return to Bloomington.

Montclair, United States
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Everything about our 2 night visit was an excellent experience. The staff was professional and efficient. When our grandson got an earache, they summoned the shuttle driver to take us to the nearest CVS for medication.

Joliet, Illinois
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I arrived for my cousin's wedding. This was going to be interesting weekend for me as I was on crutches and wearing a cast with a broken ankle. Gladly they had a room available on the first floor (point #1). When I arrived back one evening, someone from the front desk gladly opened the door for me (point #2). When I checked out, James I believe was his name, pulled my car up to the closest exit door and helped me load my things (point #3). With the stress of getting around, their amenities helped me that weekend and I greatly appreciated it. p.s. The room was nice too with a rolling office chair that helped me get around. (It's the little things people!) -smile.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Palatine, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was impressed with the Bloomington Illinois Doubletree hotel from the moment I walked in. From check-in to check-out, the staff were friendly and attentive. The rooms were clean and looked fresh. The beds were among the most comfortable hotel beds I have slept on, and the refrigerator and coffee pot were nice touch! I was there for a conference, so I did not know what to expect prior to arriving there, and I was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Karyn L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomington
Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Bloomington West
#5 of 22 in Bloomington
The Chateau Hotel and Conference Center
Hyatt Place Bloomington - Normal

Been to Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington? Share your experiences!