“Not what we booked,great for the price.”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #22 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Plainfield, Illinois
“Not what we booked,great for the price.”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

We made a last minute booking online for 7 on a room max 8. For a state cheerleading competition . We booked a room that showed a HUGE suite.Inside corridor, 2 queen with jacuzzi with a seperate living area with a couch,love seat,(both pull outs) with a wet bar $99. We arrived,got to our room,outside entrance,1 king,no jacuzzi,there was a hallway with sink that seperated the living area from the bed room. 1 pull out love seat sleeper with wet bar. Nothing as pictured. I went to the front desk with my copy of what I booked, They said their is only 1 of those and should not have been available, No apology or offers to make it right. I told them I have 7ppl in our group,we have a room for 4. They tried to make us leave for exceding occupency for 4. The resy said 7.Then they tried to charge me an additional $20pp for the other 3 kids.I told them if I didnt get what was reserved they should at least give us another room near by. They said it would be an additional $165 for the special event. ABSOULUTLY NOT! I requested a refund,they refused. I said we're staying, give me blankets,pillows ect.They promise it would be in the room when we arrived back that night. It wasn't. We made due.They said they were leaving the pool open all night for cheer families,suited up,get to the door,they closed it at 9pm. Morning breakfast was not as stated. There was seating for 20,make your own waffels was made by rude attendant Laurie, who expected tips and was very loud about how her tip jar was empty. In the end,they told me to call Choice,its their problem. Choice Hotels, tells me its a location management issue, since its a francise.Choice hotel will do nothing to rectifiy the issues either. Luckily us 2 adults were with very understanding kids.They didn't care they slept on the floor our "super fans"just wanted to be there for the girls and their parents were glad they were well cared for.Beside ALL our issues,it was a bit run down,very quiet,the beds were comfortable and size with included breakfast were great for the price. Motel 6 was $65 and super 8 a whopping $98. Both were on double rooms,no breakfast or pool.We would have had to book 2 rooms.The rest of the town was $150 or higher. SO in all it was a value. Just wish we got what we booked,a little something to accomedate us or even an apology.

Room Tip: MUST state inside or out side corridor.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Park Forest, Illinois
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Excellent service. Large clean rooms. Sparkling indoor pool and whirlpool. Hot sauna. All employees friendly and helpful. Great breakfast. Alot of choices and they are all good. Excellent coffee 24/7. More than reasonable rates. I love going there just for a quick get away. Lake Evergreen 15 minutes away. Great fishing. I stay at the Quality Inn when I visit Lake Evergreen in Hudson Il. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Room Tip: Two queens
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank BJR-44
Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Great location off I55. Unfortunately our room was filthy. Stains(of an unknown nature) on bed linen, bathroom wall, and shower curtain. Informed front desk staff, who did change our room, but didn't even apologize ... all I'm a days work I guess. Free breakfast was gross. One waffle maker didn't work, the other one filthy. Pastries old and stale.no milk fir cereal ... it was just a comedy of errors.

• Stayed November 2011
Willowbrook, Illinois
Reviewed 17 June 2011

As a first time AARP user, I was VERY DISAPPOINTED! My suggestion comment and feedback would be (HIGHLY) to check out hotels before you sell them to customers!

While on the road traveling and visiting colleges with my daughter, I was hoping (and trusting) AARP travel service could help me save time and money with providing area hotel accommodations. Instead, the service wasted 4 hours of my travel time (including having to find other accommodations on our own and writing this) and added more upset and aggravation than anything else.

The hotel AARP provided was a dump: very unkept, smelly, unclean (mold everywhere: bathrooms, ceilings) and was a place that should be closed down! Even worse, when trying to cancel, I was told I still had to be charged for the room because I was there for an hour (the time it took me to try and cancel everything)! After an awful and upsetting 40 minute phone and person ordeal with the hotel front desk employee and the AARP, cancelation and a full refund was made.

Unfortunately, as a result of all this (and needless to say), I was very disappointed and very unhappy with this service and would not recommend its use in the future, nor to anyone. (Celebrity Betty White would not be very happy, either!)

Room Tip: Search for hotel accommodations yourself!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank roadtrip2011_11
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 14 June 2011

I chose this hotel for lodging for a graduation event. The hotel definitely needs some remodeling. It is showing it's age. Cleanliness could have been better. The breakfast area was OK, but wasn't always stocked well. The second morning, the orange juice dispenser needed filling and the gal who was on duty arrived late. This left the person who manned the desk to fill in.

Until the rooms are remodeled and the service improves I would not recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Ohio
Reviewed 31 March 2011

I wish I had read the reviews here first. We selected the place because we had free points with Choice Hotels. I had been injured on our trip and could not help my husband drive. We were both very tried when we got there or we would have moved on.

The room smelled terrible (we had put chair in the door to hold it open until we went to bed (ater we stripped all but sheets). The floor was dirty. Stairs going to second floor were rusty. The place was a real dive.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ohi008
Carbondale, Illinois
Reviewed 9 December 2010

Great play to stay while in Bloomington, IL. Rooms were clean and the service was great!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family