“Great value”

Ranked #22 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Galesburg, Illinois
“Great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

I stayed in a King size room with a mini fridge and microwave. The room had the amenities as described. The equipment in the fitness room is older and some of the buttons have fallen off, but it all worked. The Jacuzzi hot tub was a great way to relax after my workout. The hotel is not super modern (no flat screen TVs), but it smelled fresh and clean. The lady at the desk was very friendly and helpful - especially when I needed a remote for the TV in the fitness room. Nice free breakfast with cereal, muffins/bagels, waffle makers, and an additional hot dish (biscuits & gravy the morning I was there). The Cracker Barrel was located just across the parking lot and it was nice to be able to walk to the restaurant.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

as other reviews said a middle or the road hotel, rooms were a good size and clean, we had a voucher so got room at a good price for the four of us. reception area was clean although the girl on the desk was not that friendly. we enjoyed our swim and the hot tub and again was clean with plenty of towels. breakfast area was very clean with normal motel breakfast, and a really lovely friendly lady cleaning, clearing tables and helping eveyone, (she insisted on cooking our waffles, even though i said i would do it) overall a good stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ruthm62
Peoria, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

I called to make a reservation and the girl on the phone gave me a rate,but was very rude. I asked if they had a room available for a specific date and she told me that she was too busy to check. I then called back to talk to a manager and she told me that there wasn't one there and that there would be one in sometime the next day. We will NOT be staying there!!!! What kind of hotel doesn't have a manager on duty and is too busy to help a customer?

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sam C
Ottumwa, Iowa, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

My fiance and I were heading out on a road trip to Atlanta last year in June. We had been driving since 7 from Iowa and were tired so we went and checked out two hotels, one was a Days Inn and the other was this turd. We decided to save a little cash the first day and stayed here for $55 for a basic room. However, the desk clerk mistakenly put us in a room that wasn't clean so they moved us to another room across the way. When we got into the room it was freezing, keep in mind though that it was a dry and humid summer already but still it wasn't pleasant. After attempting to turn on the rooms lights, my fiance discovered that there weren't any light bulbs but one in a dresser drawer. After watching some American Dad, I decided to look up some review's. On here no less, lol, and read some very negative reactions from people. After reading the one about someone coming into their room and turning off their tv in the middle of the night, I decided to barricade our door with chairs so nobody could get in and after reading about the drug pipe and knife review I was hesitant to shower even but we checked entirely several times but found that the water and shower water run at the same time and fills the bottom of the tub. The breakfast was terrible, we ate corn flakes and left. Moral of this story. Either they need to fix this junker up or close down. It was the worst hotel stay of my life.

Room Tip: Dont get the cheap one
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sean C
Bethlehem, GA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

We only stayed here because we were traveling with my mother in-laws cat. Returning the cat the her after she came home from the nursing home. We were quoted one price, and the charges seemed to escalate from there. If it were not for the cat we would not have stayed there. Bottom line: Choose another hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

This is what I expect when staying at a middle of the road hotel, rooms were clean, the service was good, pool and whirlpool were in good shape (the sauna was out of order though). Food was located near-by at the Cracker Barrel. Plenty of room in the parking lot, even for trucks and RVs.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Steven T
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

I was traveling through and booked directly through the hotel using AAA. I got a good rate from a very friendly and customer service oriented desk clerk. I found the hotel to be exceptional clean. It is not new and flat screen tv's are not the norm in the room. However my purpose on this trip was to sleep and it was great. Easy off the interstate and lots of food choices around the property. I like reasonable costs when I travel and this worked great. I really like pleasant, warm and friendly environments. This worked for me.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo