“Long night short stay”

Ranked #22 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Monett, Missouri
“Long night short stay”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I had just driven twelve hours through a blizzard and arrived at 2:30 am. No problems getting in and the clerk was very pleasant, if noticably tired. Room key worked first time. Room was adequate; clean and in good repair, if older in appearance. The bed was low and slightly bowed but again, clean. Shower was small and showed signs of multiple repairs, but also signs of recent scrubbing down. No microwave.

I had to get up and go at eight am, so my night was short. Check out was rapid and friendly. The breakfast bar was nothing amazing but the coffee was good and everything was out and ready to go. I grabbed and went! Really, a fine experience for a lower cost accomodation, so long as you weren't expecting much more than a clean, safe to sleep. Staff was trying and it showed.

Room Tip: Better than motel 5, a step down from Holiday Inn...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 December 2012

JMJ When we walked in I was waiting for a bride to come down the beautiful staircase in the lobby!!! Quality Inn and Suites does a very nice job for the price. The breakfast left a little to be desired compared to other Quality Inn & Suites!. The staff was helpful and the room could use a paint touch up. If they would just update a little it would be a Great place to stay. The pool was very nice and the location excellent. We found some good stores nearby and a very large beautiful church where we were very welcomed( Holy Trinity).

Room Tip: JMJ Good deals are available on this whole chain so do your homework and find a good price!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 24 November 2012

The motel is right off the interstate, easy to find. It's not the newest property on the block but everything worked the way it was supposed to. The doors leading to the outside, for example, opened with the key-card but shut tight behind us, which is an aspect of security that I've noticed some motels don't seem to care too much about. The TV worked great, the beds were nice and firm, the hot water stayed hot in the shower. The breakfast was nothing to write home about but had all the essentials. The staff was friendly and helpful. A previous poster is correct about the smokey smell in the public parts of the building. We had a non-smoking room, but my pajamas smelled of smoke when we got home.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Hillsborough, NC
Reviewed 14 November 2012

It's not the Ritz, but it was a nice night on the road.

The room was pleasant, clean, and didn't smell of deodorizers. The bed was VERY comfortable. Wi-Fi was high speed & the shower was hot. Come morning I found a good breakfast & a surprisingly nice indoor pool.

It was a GREAT value!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank RonCooley
Reviewed 7 November 2012 via mobile

1) When we got to the hotel, the front desk told us their hot water was not functioning. Bummer? Yes, but they offered us a significant discount & we were tired so we stayed.
2) They DO NOT have an elevator. Ridiculous. If you have more than one floor, you should have an elevator.
3) Their WiFi is a JOKE. If you want to stream anything, you are out of luck.
4) Their guest laundry is inconveniently located and ineffective. Even after two rounds in the dryer, most of our clothes were still quite wet.
5) To their credit, the staff was kind enough to bring a microwave and refrigerator to a few of our rooms to try make up for the lack of hot water.

All in all, it was fine for one night but even with hot water, I'd recommend the newly renovated La Quinta next door (we just recently stayed in one that had just been upgraded and the changes are fantastic).

• Stayed November 2012
Illinois
Reviewed 2 November 2012

The first thing I noticed when I arrived to check in was the smell. They offer smoking and non smoking rooms but I'm guessing the majority of the rooms are smoking because this place wreaks of smoke! The girl at the front desk was not very friendly and didn't seem particularly bright and I would find out later my impression of her was correct. We checked into our non smoking room and I was happy that it didn't smell at all like smoke. The lobby area was cleanand bright and the room also was clean. My husband is 6'5" and his head nearly touched the ceiling in the entry way of our room. The bathroom was tiny with the shower, toilet, sink and a goodsized vanity all squeezed into it. But it was clean and the water was hot and had good preassure. Everything about the decor needed updated. The bed was broken somewhere because it made a terrible noise whenever you moved around in it and the remote to the Tv didn't work. For $74 a night it was ok but I wouldn't want to stay there again. The breakfast was ok but limited. When we went to check out we had never been checked into the computer and were listed as a no show. This concerned me since we had paid cash for the room but had held it with a credit card. We were concerned that the girl checking us in may have charged the card and taken the money but a check with our cc company showed no charge so she just must have not checked us in. Boy sure why........ One night here was enough.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Illinois
Reviewed 24 October 2012

There is a McD's right next door. Sleep in your car on its lot before staying at this dump. We were shown 3-different rooms...They all stunk & were dirty. We left of course. Went to west side of I-55 and stayed at Comfort Inn Suites...more $, but 1000x nicer. My wife & I took showers first thing, after being in that Quality(HA!) Inn.

Room Tip: There are several newer motels just west, across I-55(Comfort Suites, Holiday Inn Express, et. al...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family