“Bring a noseplug”

Ranked #22 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Norman, Oklahoma, United States
“Bring a noseplug”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

At first I thought this was going to be a good hotel because of no smoke smell whatsoever in the hallways as we went to the room. However, as we entered the room we were absolutely blown away by the musty smell coming from the air conditioner. The unit did not look old so I'm guessing they haven't serviced the unit or the filters inside in quite some time. On the good side, it was clean. The bathroom was acceptable. The decor needs a lift out of the 70s-80s though. The bedspread was laughable it looked so old. Because of no hint of smoke and a clean bathroom we stuck it out for the evening in the room. But, will not be revisiting this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 June 2013

For us the Bloomington/Normal area is the half-way stop on trips east. I tried the Quality Inn because I have Choice Rewards. I was disappointed by the hotel. Breakfast had hot and cold choices but I've seen better. The restaurant choices in this part of Bloomington/Normal aren't the best either. Hotel is adjacent to EconoLodge - it isn't clear which is which.

I used to stay at the Comfort Inn (now a La Quinta) next door and stopped doing so because it was always a mess. Won't stay here (Q.I) again.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a last minute stopover on our way home for vacation. Have stayed MANY times at the Quality Inn at different places and it was very good. First the rooms are exterior - the web photos show it as interior, the lighting is horrible. The breakfast was ok, but the only protein option was canned sausage gravy. They had 2 kinds of juice, breads and a few different cereals. Will definitely not stay here again. Did not feel safe at all. It was clean but way overdue for some MAJOR overhauls.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aaron B
Macomb, Illinois
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I booked this for my 18 y/o son & his uncle. Son had a 2 day golf tournament in Bloomington. It's always important to me to book a place that has a hot breakfast so he can be fed before he plays golf for 5 hours. I asked them what they thought of the hotel "mmmm, okay, it was okay, clean". I could tell they weren't impressed. I was asked by son not to book there again. I asked about the hot breakfast. "Lean" is what I was told - hot consisted of waffle machine and biscuits and gravy. No protein. Son had a piece of bread with peanut butter - NOT what I had in mind for his hot breakfast. I told them I would have just had coffee and juice. They replied not juice, the juice machine was broken.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Every corner, every room not only appeared dirty, but you felt it in the air. This building is beyond repair, QUALITY >>> I'm afraid not, inadequate electrical and outdated facilities. was not impressed with their breakfast.

Room Tip: I would not stay here, try elsewhere
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed 23 April 2013

This would be a great room if it was 1982. The carpet was dirty and torn. Trash beside the bed. One outlet didn't work and the other one had everything else in the room plugged into it. You could see daylight around the door. Think the bedspread was older than I am. Would not stay in again!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MEL35691
Greenville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Generally run down. Outside doors rusty and did not close properly. Hot Tub broken and no idea of when it might be fixed. The room door would not open reliably. Older TV's in rooms. Hallways smell like smoke? The food prep area is not clean. I will not eat here. I will rinse with bleach tomorrow morning and hope to continue my travels "bug-free".

Room Tip: I will not stay here again.
Stayed April 2013, travelled with family