“Good Value”

Ranked #22 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Mattoon, Illinois
“Good Value”
Reviewed 30 July 2009

My wife and I have stayed at this motel several times the 6 months and have not had any problems. The front staff is courteous, the pool is small, but warm and clean. The hot tub is a little hot, but OK. The beds were comfortable, and the rooms clean. The facility is not plush, but sufficient for a good nights sleep. Breakfast was B & G, waffles, hard boiled eggs, cereal, muffins/bagels, and fruit. Nearby businesses include Wal Mart, Cracker Barrel, KFC, Culvers, and many others. The facility may have undergone some renovations since the previous negative reviews/experiences. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again as we have always found the rooms clean.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
illinois
Reviewed 16 June 2009

My husband touched the light fixture and a knife fell down and almost cut him .This knife must of been there from the last person .This room had not been cleaned.we let our four year old grandaughter come over and take a bath in the hot tub ,we saw a lot of rusty water coming out, at least we thought it was rusty water,but all the sudden out came a broken glass tube used for drugs,where the water comes out,and we now know it was part of an drug pipe.the room smelled like mold and was nasty.the tub was not cleaned or when the maid cleaned she would of turned on the tub to clean and the pipe would of came out on her ,in stead of us .we had the general manager call the police and turned in the pipe and the knife to them .there was a beer bottle in a bush out side our room .management was rude and acted as if i was trying to get the room comped or( for free ) I could not turn over weapons or probable drugs to any one but police.so sorry.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mama2005
Illinois City, Illinois
Reviewed 5 April 2009

My husband and I were stayed here this weekend to attend an adoptive parent training class, and were pleasantly surprised at how nice this was. We rented a jacuzzi suite, and the room was clean, and the tub was wonderful. Everything was perfectly appointed, the staff members were very nice, and it has a great continental breakfast that offers boiled eggs, fruit salad, oatmeal and cereal, bagels and cream cheese, toast, muffins, pastries and even Dunkin Donuts. They also have a make your own waffle section, free juice, and free coffee. Not bad for a bit over a hundred a night (we got a discount rate which brought the bill to just 96). We had only planned to stay one night and drive back after the class, but we were so impressed we decided to stay until Sunday. I think some people today are just too picky and expect movie star penthouses for rock bottom prices. I will definitely stay here again. The location is fabulous, and next to tons of nice restaurants, a gourmet food shop, and the mall. Our only complaint was that our toilet woud not flush properly, and the rooms were not huge, but for what we paid, we were still impressed. I think the jacuzzi suite makes a difference. Highly recommended for short trips, couples, and singles.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
South Dakota
Reviewed 27 April 2008

This is the most traumatic thing we have ever been through. We stayed one nite in a nice room, in the morning my husband found a bloodspot on the sheet and pulled the covers back and found a small(woodtick size) pale bug, looked in the other bed and found another, we took it downstairs to management. she called a bit later and told us to bag our PJ's in the laundry bag. Apoligized and didn't charge for the room.
We stopped at my sister's for a couple nites and on home, one week later I developed several bumps (like hives) all over my back. then my legs, then my arms and face. got on the internet and guess what, Bedbugs!!! We have washed everything, so has my sister, This is making us nuts, to think we have carried the bedbugs home, worse yet to my Sister's home, and everything I read about them, they are nearly impossible to get rid of.
With that many bites, I would think that Motel is infested!!
Check your rooms folks, google bedbugs, and see what you are up against.

Stayed April 2008
madison wi
Reviewed 15 March 2008

03/12/08 This hotel runs a great scam.. they run your card, then don't have a room after they say they do and 7 days and 4 phone calls later you still can't get a refund.. good luck. don't stay here.. the place sucks!

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank sistermarymargaret
Chicago
Reviewed 22 August 2007

I've recently stayed at this motel to visit my brother and the County Fair. The room smelled, the carpet dirty, towels thin and the airconditioner could not be modulated. The outside stairwell was dirty. It did not have a single decorative hedge or bush in the parking lot. The supposedly front garden was full of pebbles. I've booked two nights but only stayed for one. I know I did not checked into the Ritz but in my opinion a cheap motel does not have to be crappy.

• Liked — It was cheap
  • Disliked — It was crappy overall
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
USA
Reviewed 29 July 2007

A bright, new building with McDonald's and Cracker Barrel restaurants within walking distance. Near the Interstate, but access road complicated enough to discourage car thieves. A nice pool, whirlpool and sauna. Great breakfast every morning included fruit, hard-boiled eggs, cook-your-own waffles, etc. Internet access worked well, as did cable TV. Pillow-top bed was comfortable. Staff was great! All 3 nights were trouble-free.

• Liked — price and breakfast
  • Stayed July 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)