“Love Aloft hotels!”
Review of Aloft Bolingbrook

Aloft Bolingbrook
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Bolingbrook
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I pretty much love all Aloft hotels. They are clean, fresh, updated, friendly - and always consistent. The staff is always friendly here at the Bolingbrook location (have been here 3 times now). I have not visited the bar in the lobby, but it always has people hanging out. Restaurants are right across the way. Since I travel w/o a car most of the time, it is a nice option to get out and walk to dinner.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
gm_aloft_bolingbrook, General Manager at Aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor! We are happy to hear you’ve found the brand to be clean, friendly and consistent. I am thankful for your acknowledgement of our staff, they work very hard to deliver friendly, attentive service. Next time you are in town, visit us at w xyz for a specialty cocktail or made to order flatbread! Thanks again for your review!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Christina (at the bar) is awesome!
Thomas is always welcoming and keeping things together.
Paul always has things running smoothly.

The personnel at this location is fantastic! They make my weekly trip much easier and well-rested.

Thanks all!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor! I am very proud of the team we have at the hotel and positive feedback is always welcomed! I will be sure to pass on your kind words to both Christina and Thomas; they are valuable assets to the hotel. I thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 10 August 2013

There are some definite positives and negatives about this hotel. First the positives:
-It is very pretty. The décor, styling and amenities are very nice. It is very modern and stylish feeling.
-The staff is extremely nice and helpful. This stood out.
-The location in Bolingbrook is very convenient to highway, shopping, Starbucks etc..
-The rooms are modern, unusual and with great extras like FREE WIFI, plenty of plugs, mini fridge. It is just not your "normal" hotel and I like that.

But now for the negatives:
-The biggest negative is the lobby bar. There was a wild and LOUD party there last night that resulted in the police coming and arresting someone. We are on the third floor but due to the large windows had a first hand view of the police activity. Including the yelling and noise. I would be willing to overlook this was an isolated unexpected incident except that now I see that other TripAdvisor reviews say the same thing! So I would have to agree that this Aloft needs to decide if it caters to people who want to sleep or people who want to party. The two are not a good mix.
-I feel the hotel common areas (hallway, elevators etc..) especially carpets are just not as clean as they should be.
-The elevators open on both sides. One to the guest room hallways. The other side to the maintenance/cleaning areas of each floor. Normally guests would not see into their interior cleaning areas, or share the elevator with sheets and toilet paper. So I felt that was rather odd for a somewhat higher end hotel and doesn't fit the "image" they are going for.
-The hotel offers a $5 voucher if you decline housekeeping (which I like for the "green" aspect) however the prices for the lobby food is so high I think you need the voucher. A cup of tea in a paper cup is $2.20!
-The closet area in our standard room is very small and not easy to use as it is a slanted rack on the wall, not a real closet. So not a good place if you want to hang long dresses or multiple items. There is also nowhere convenient to store open suitcases and no drawers. So not sure where you are supposed to put your clothes.
-The lobby bar and courtyard look straight into the pool with huge glass windows. This might look modern and be appealing if you had swimsuit models by the pool. BUT little kids doing cannonballs, while fancy dressed people are drinking cocktails really just doesn't mix well. There should be shaded glass between the two or curtains?

Also, this is a silly thing, but if you are one of those people that likes to take home the tiny shampoo bottles this is not the place for you. They have pump bottles on the wall that get refilled. For me, this is just fine as I don't stock up on hotel shampoo and this is better for the environment BUT I know other people who would feel cheated by not getting their "free" shampoo mini bottles to take home as a souvenir.

So I might give Aloft a second chance in the future....but I am not sure.

Room Tip: As far away from the lobby as you can. (although the courtyard outside the lobby bar is likely to al...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We are very happy to hear you found the hotel to be stylish and the staff helpful! W xyz, located in the lobby area of the hotel is a communal area for all guests to enjoy. We are sorry to hear you found it to be too much of a party. As far as the police are concerned, the safety and comfort of our guests come first. We have had to request the assistance of the local police however it is always in the best interest of our guests. Again, we are thrilled that you enjoyed the style and service. We hope you think of us the next time you are in town!

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Aloft has nailed it ~ reasonably priced hotel with fashion flare. This particular location is located close enough to the interstate to make it convenient, but far enough off you don't hear or see it. Front desk is very friendly and has a great attitude about service. Do not expect after hours housekeeping requests or room service ~ that's how they keep their prices reasonable ~ just go down to the front desk and get it yourself!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
gm_aloft_bolingbrook, General Manager at Aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor! We are always thrilled to hear our guest’s feedback on the hotel and the brand. Our location off of 355 is convenient but far enough away our guests do not hear the traffic. As always, we are happy to hear you found our staff to be friendly! Thanks again for your review and come back soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Think 21st century, breaking the traditional hotel mold, and Millennials. That's about the best way I can describe this brand. 4th stay at an Aloft, 3rd at this property and the brand is growing on me. The property is clean, very modern, and very well laid out. The communal space actually makes you want to dine, work and relax there.

Food is excellent for the price. There is a kitchen, local snack market and bar. The evening bar attendant, Christina, is a joy to talk to while winding down the day. The Staff is young, energetic and definitely focused on customer service and making you feel welcome. Only gripe, and I am getting used to it, is don't expect a morning paper. The hotel is very digital with a streaming tickertape display, mounted tablets, computers, etc, The outside courtyard is right next to the communal area and pool, with glass walls all around - a very inviting and relaxing space.

The rooms are decent sized with refrigerators, LCD TVs, and hook ups for Ipads, Ipods, Iwhatevers!

If you are 18-35 you will definitely love this brand;and for older guests, the energy, decor, and well thought layout and amenities are refreshing. If you like the traditional 5 star, deep cherry wood furniture, and decor from the resort hotel in the movie "The Shining" - you probably wont like it (those type hotels actually bore me to tears).

There is a mall, fitness center, Costco, and numerous restaurants nearby and easy access to I-355. Great location for joggers also with sidewalks and some nice green space nearby
If you want to try something modern, different and energetic - check this hotel out

Room Tip: I like the rooms facing the courtyard. Very relaxing view. The Staff is very accommodating and the l...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JettingAroundGlobe

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor! We are always looking to improve our hotel and service and take our guests feedback seriously. I am very happy to hear you’ve found the hotel to be clean and our staff friendly throughout your stays with us. Christina in w xyz (as well as all of our bartenders) is very social and welcoming. I’ll be sure to pass on your kind words to her. I am sorry to hear about your disappointment with the USA Today papers. We do have delivery Monday through Friday, however we’ve taken a look at the number of papers delivered to accommodate our guests. Hopefully the next time you stay, you will find a sufficient number of papers! Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 July 2013

I travel mostly on corporate business trips but stayed here as part of a wedding block. I can say that once I walked in the front door I was going to have a great stay. The front office staff was very helpful and even smiled. You don't always get that! I was placed on the 3rd floor and my room was very spacious and clean. I am a clean freak and I had no complaints. I also love the Bliss spa products in the room. The complementary shuttle service was also helpful for our wedding party to the near by reception.

As a frequent traveler at least once a month I would recommend this property!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor! It’s great to get feedback from our guests and we are happy to hear you found our staff to be helpful and friendly! The Bliss spa products in the guest rooms are a guest favorite and we are happy to hear you enjoyed them. We are happy you and the wedding party enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

By far one of the best hotels I've stayed at. Excellent price. Fantastic, friendly and helpful staff. Clean and modern rooms. Near many amenities and easy access to transportation to Chicago. I wish we had more of Aloft hotels in Canada. If I'm ever I the area again, I will come back. This is one happy customer!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Emwel1

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor! We are very honored to be considered one of the best hotels you’ve stayed at! We take great pride in our staff and maintaining a clean, friendly hotel for all of our guests. With more Aloft hotels opening all over the world, hopefully one opens near you in Canada. In the mean time, we are happy to have you back when you are in Bolingbrook! Thanks again!

General Manager, aloft Bolingbrook

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolingbrook
Hampton Inn Suites Bolingbrook
Hilton Garden Inn Bolingbrook I-55
Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites
Bolingbrook Inn & Suites
Bolingbrook Inn & Suites
#8 of 9 in Bolingbrook
Residence Inn by Marriott Chicago Bolingbrook
SpringHill Suites Chicago Bolingbrook

Been to Aloft Bolingbrook? Share your experiences!